FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have we actually GOT fibre at this time

AKAGI1708
Team Player
Message 6 of 6

Please help. On 9 Jul 21, we received a communication from Talk Talk that out connection was going to be upgraded to fibre free of charge - expect c 4x speed. Openreach further communicated that this was to happen on 15 Jul 21, last Thursday.

Leave the router on  and expect a call from an Openreach engineer on that day to the effect that you will be disconnected for approx 15 mins whilst the swap took place.

Well there was no call, no apparent disconnect  at all and despite rebooting the router etc etc no change of speed.

Further AUTOMATED comms on Friday 16th asked to the effect 'is your internet working' - yes it was - but there was no way to say - 'hey I don't think you have done anything!!'

Please can you explain the position because I think we are still on the old connection.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi AKAGI1708

Fibre went live on 20th July and your router is in sync at 39mb currently.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

AKAGI1708
Team Player
Message 2 of 6

Moderator, please note that due to issues I currently have with this board itself I have TWO posts on the same subject. I see THIS as the thread on which we can discuss this issue.

I will sort out the issue with the boards once the line one is resolved.

On the line issue I know that Openreach have done something with the line since yesterday  'because there was a problem' per texts but I have no idea what that whas and whether I am anywhere near a fibre connection .

It would be nice to hear something here.

0 Likes

AKAGI1708
Team Player
Message 3 of 6

Look at the below - we are still on ADSL. Talk Talk please advise

AKAGI1708_3-1626720482074.png

0 Likes

AKAGI1708
Team Player
Message 4 of 6

I am at work at the mo and will look at this when I get home but suspect it will say ADSL

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 5 of 6

Look at the DSL connection page

If it says ADSL you are still on Fast Broadband

If it says VDSL you have been moved to Fibre 35