FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having to click 2 or 3 times on website address in browser to get website to load

muckleston
Team Player
Message 53 of 53

I had no problems with my old Talktalk ADSL connection but since I upgraded to Talktalk fibre it's like the internet goes to sleep and has to be woken up. Sometimes it takes ages to connect to a website. Highlighting the address bar in the browser and pressing return a few times sometimes sorts it out. I have tried using different modems (TP-Link AC2800 and Talktalk DSL3782) and they have the same problem. Download and upload speeds using the speed checker are fine. I have also tried resetting both the modems back to factory defaults but this does not work either. I have also tried different browsers (IE, Edge and Firefox) but the result is still the same. My master socket was changed in the last year to a BT Master socket 5C by Talktalk but this was when I was on ADSL and it worked fine.

Does anyone have any suggestions? The current situation is not really satisfactory.

52 REPLIES 52

Message 1 of 53

Hi dgibson

Apologies for this.

Please can you create a new thread, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 53

Was this resolved? I've been through the same process and still no luck.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 53

Hi muckleston,

Our Network Team have confirmed that an engineer has been booked for August 22, 2018,AM (8am – 1pm).

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 53

Hi muckleston,

Thank you. I've passed the availability over and I'll let you know as soon as an engineer appointment has been confirmed.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 53

Availability

Next week

Mon, am and pm.

Tues, am.

Weds, am and pm.

Thurs, am.

fri, am and pm.

Week commencing 27th August

Mon, am and pm.

Tues, am.

weds, am and pm.

Thurs, am.

Fri, am and pm.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 53

Hi muckleston,

Our Network Team have advised that the next step will be to pass this back to BTOR to arrange a lift and shift to move to a new port at the cabinet. Could you provide some more availability for an engineer visit and we can arrange this for you?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 53

Hi muckleston,

Thank you. I've asked our Network Team to confirm what the next step will be as all testing has been completed and I'll let you know as soon as I receive a response back.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 53

Now connected with Tp Link ac2800 router. No phone. Webpages still lagging. Will leave phone disconnected until 5pm then need to connect.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 53

Phone still disconnected. Webpages still taking time to load. Will try other router without phone.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 53

Hi muckleston,

Thanks for letting me know. The line test is clear again so it looks like the phone may be causing the loop issue. Now the phone is removed could you test a few more web pages and let me know if there is any improvement please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 53

router connected by same micro filter and adsl cable.

Misunderstood you yesterday. Phone was connected into micro filter as well. also this morning. Have disconnected it now. Only router is connected now. Router is still talktalk 3782 super router.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 53

Hi muckleston,

Thank you. I've re-run the test again and the loop fault is back. When you connected the alternative router did you also replace the microfilter and adsl cable? Could I also just confirm, when I ran the test yesterday morning was there only the router connected to the test socket with the phone removed?

Once I've confirmed this then I can ask our Network Team what the next step will be in regards to the slow web pages.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 53

Also confirming , now using Talktalk DSl 3782 router

0 Likes

Message 14 of 53

Sorry. Didn't get message til 5.08pm Anyway phone, filter and router now connected test socket. Will leave it like that til i hear from you.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 53

Hi muckleston

Thank you, the line test is now passing and not detecting any loop faults.

Would it be possible to connect the phone, filter and a different router at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 16 of 53

Was disconnected til 2.15 pm. It is now 2.25 pm and am disconnecting again. Please advise when I can switch on again.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 53

Hi muckleston

Apologies we missed this time slot, would it be possible to do this again now?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 18 of 53

Router is still connected directly to test socket via microfilter.Has been since yesterday. Will disconnect everything at 10.30 am this morning and reconnect about 1.30 pm this afternoon if that is ok. Email me if you need it longer.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 53

Hi muckleston,

Thanks for trying this. I've re-run the line test and it's still detecting the loop fault. Just to confirm, is the router still connected to the test socket at the moment with all other equipment removed? If it is then would it be possible to remove all equipment from the line for a short period of time so we can run the test again?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 20 of 53

OK, leave the router connected at the test socket and the OCE will check again from their end and advise further.