FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having to click 2 or 3 times on website address in browser to get website to load

muckleston
Team Player
Message 53 of 53

I had no problems with my old Talktalk ADSL connection but since I upgraded to Talktalk fibre it's like the internet goes to sleep and has to be woken up. Sometimes it takes ages to connect to a website. Highlighting the address bar in the browser and pressing return a few times sometimes sorts it out. I have tried using different modems (TP-Link AC2800 and Talktalk DSL3782) and they have the same problem. Download and upload speeds using the speed checker are fine. I have also tried resetting both the modems back to factory defaults but this does not work either. I have also tried different browsers (IE, Edge and Firefox) but the result is still the same. My master socket was changed in the last year to a BT Master socket 5C by Talktalk but this was when I was on ADSL and it worked fine.

Does anyone have any suggestions? The current situation is not really satisfactory.

52 REPLIES 52

Message 21 of 53

Ok. Router is now connected directly to test socket via a microfilter.

Have checked a few web pages but there doesn't seem to be any improvement in loading times.

0 Likes

Message 22 of 53

You don't need to disconnect anything from the router, just connect the router directly at the test socket with a microfilter as previously advised by OCE Michelle and leave it like that for now. You can also test yourself whether there is any improvement with page loading.

0 Likes

Message 23 of 53

Engineer pulled the front off my 5c master socket and ran his tests from there. Please let me know when you want to run test and I will disconnect the  hardwired computer and turn off the internet so only the router is connected to the socket with nothing attached to the router.

not quite sure what you need me to do afterwards. Do you want me to reconnect computer and load a few more webpages after you have tested the line?

Anyway please advise when you wish to test and I will comply. A time window will do.

0 Likes

Message 24 of 53

Hi muckleston,

Our Network Team have advised that one of there line tests is detecting a potential loop fault. Just to confirm, did the engineer test directly at the test socket? Would it be possible to connect only the microfilter and router at the test socket so we can re-run this test? Would it also be possible to try and load a few more web pages in this set up to see if this still occurs?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 25 of 53

Hi muckleston,

Thanks, I'll let you know as soon as I receive an update back.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 26 of 53

Asus Z97-P Motherboard (bios 2907)

Intel I7 4790K CPU

Zotac GTX970 Graphics Card

16GB DDR3 RAM

250GB SSD

2 TB HDD

Windows 10

Wired to.......

Router TP-Link AC2800

Also have Talktalk Super Router DSL 3782

0 Likes

Message 27 of 53

Hi muckleston,

Thanks, I'll let them know now. What device were you originally testing this on?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 28 of 53

Connected laptop with wired connection to router. websites still lagging when loading. Then tried using laptop on wifi connection. Website loading still lagged.

0 Likes

Message 29 of 53

Hi muckleston,

Our Network Team have asked if you could confirm if the slow web pages occur on 2 different devices?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 30 of 53

Hi muckleston,

Ok thanks. I've asked our Network Team for an update now and to confirm what the next step will be. I'll post back as soon as I know more.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 31 of 53

No advice as to next step. I don't think he is qualified to give that sort of advice. He didn't really test with any router. Just plugged his own gadgets directly into the master socket and did his tests. As this lag happens with both my routers (TP link ac2800 and Talktalk super router) I'm not convinced it is a router problem.

0 Likes

Message 32 of 53

Hi muckleston

Did the engineer advise on the next steps to take or test with a different router?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 33 of 53

The Openreach Engineer called. Did all the tests on the line. Told me there were no line issues or speed issues. Showed him my problem with the lagging loading of webpages. (these actually were awful on that particular day) He said there was nothing wrong with everything he tested but could see my problem. So I have a problem but unfortunately it was not a problem he could do anything about. So I still have the problem. Not sure where to go from here. It was definately not a problem when I was on ADSL. So I am still convinced it is a fibre problem.

0 Likes

Message 34 of 53

Hi muckleston,

I've received confirmation from our network team that the engineer visit is booked for Thursday 09/08 AM (08:00-13:00) - please let us know how you get on

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 35 of 53

Hi muckleston

OK thanks. I've passed on your availability to our network team, if you don't hear anything later today can you bump the thread tomorrow and we'll check which date/time slot has been booked

Chris

0 Likes

Message 36 of 53

Hi muckleston,

I've replied to your PM requesting a bit more information 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 37 of 53

Hi muckleston,

We are going to need to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further. If you'd like us to arrange the engineer can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also PM'd you to confirm some other details

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 38 of 53

Request for Update please. First one had no reply.

0 Likes

Message 39 of 53

As per instruction from OCE_Michelle can I request an update on this matter.

Message 40 of 53

Hi daaaaniel,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you create your own thread and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks

0 Likes