FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having to click 2 or 3 times on website address in browser to get website to load

muckleston
Team Player
Message 53 of 53

I had no problems with my old Talktalk ADSL connection but since I upgraded to Talktalk fibre it's like the internet goes to sleep and has to be woken up. Sometimes it takes ages to connect to a website. Highlighting the address bar in the browser and pressing return a few times sometimes sorts it out. I have tried using different modems (TP-Link AC2800 and Talktalk DSL3782) and they have the same problem. Download and upload speeds using the speed checker are fine. I have also tried resetting both the modems back to factory defaults but this does not work either. I have also tried different browsers (IE, Edge and Firefox) but the result is still the same. My master socket was changed in the last year to a BT Master socket 5C by Talktalk but this was when I was on ADSL and it worked fine.

Does anyone have any suggestions? The current situation is not really satisfactory.

52 REPLIES 52

daaaaniel
First Timer
Message 41 of 53

I have exactly the same problem since may this year. I had 3 engineer visits and spent over 4 hours on the phone talking to TalkTalk staff. Yesterday, one of the network team managers - as a resolution - asked me to use chrome browser instead of safari! He didn't even want to listen to what I have to say. This is not a problem with the device or software - this is probleam with the data heading TalkTalk ports! This is madness.

0 Likes

Message 42 of 53

Hi muckleston,

Thanks for testing this. I've passed this over to our Network Team for further investigation and I'll let you know as soon as we receive an update back. If you don't hear back from us within 24hrs then could you bump your thread (request an update) and we can check for any additional updates for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 43 of 53

Changed to Google DNS 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 but no improvement.Did this only on my Tp Link Ac2800 as there seems to be no way to change the dns settings on Talktalk DSL 3782.

Am now back on talktalk dns settings.

0 Likes

Message 44 of 53

Hi muckleston,

Thanks for running these, the results look fine. Could you try changing the DNS setting in the router to an alternative DNS and let us know if the pages load any quicker? Once you've tested this could you then change the settings back to TalkTalk DNS settings and we can raise this further.

Using 3rd Party DNS

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 45 of 53

Ping and traceroute enclosed

0 Likes

Message 46 of 53

Hi muckleston,

Thanks for the additional info, Could you post the full pings and trace routes into your thread and we can pass this over to our Network Team for further investigation.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 47 of 53

Have tried various adsl cables but all seem the same. Adsl filter is built into the mastersocket 5c which the talktalk engineer installed so don't use an external adsl filter.

Sometimes web pages hang for ages (greater than 20 seconds) and load, sometimes they load straight away. Mostly they just hang until I reclick on the link. Then they usually load straight away or sometimes they hang again. Varies.

BBC news, online banking, ebay, amazon, youtube, UK deals etc)

Videos seem to stream okay once they are going.

Seems to affect wired and wireless connections though mostly wired as I hardly use any wireless connections.

Ping Average is 12MS

Traceroute average is around 12 ms but nos 2/10 and 7/10 request timed out so no results from them.

From a non technical point of view it seems as though the internet connection goes to sleep and has to be woken up again or activated before in allows me to download a web page.

0 Likes

Message 48 of 53

Hi muckleston,

Sorry for the delay and thanks for letting me know. As the voice service is ok then we can focus on the broadband connection. When you tested with the replacement router, did you also replace the microfilter and adsl cable?

How long is it taking for the web pages to load? Is this affecting all websites? Is it only browsing websites which is affected? Are you able to stream videos ok? Are both wired and wireless affected?

Could you also run a ping and trace route when connected wired the next time this occurs and post the results into the thread please.

Run a Ping or Traceroute

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 49 of 53

No issues with phone calls or any noise on the line. What can I do at my end to check this matter?

0 Likes

Message 50 of 53

Hi muckleston,

Thanks, I've run a test on the line which has detected a potential voice fault. Just to confirm, are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line or no dial tone?

A voice fault can affect the broadband connection and would need to be investigated first.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 51 of 53
Hi Karl,
Done
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 52 of 53

Hi,

Can you please add your home phone number to your Community Profile so I can locate your details.

If unsure of your number, simply dial 17070 from your land line phone and this will confirm the number for you.

Please reply when this has been updated.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes