FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having to reset router- new router required.

kevjin
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

Hi there TT advisors,

I have to constantly reset my router to get my promised fibre speeds. This has been an issue since I joined TT in October. Reading through posts in this community, it seems that a new router may solve the issue. Would it be possible for one of you guys to expediate this request?

Kind regards,

Kev

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6
Thank you, Karl!

Yes, it's been an issue I have raised in the past (over the phone and via chat). All tests came back clear. The only thing that resolves the problem is resetting the router, which is an inconvenience and only a temporary fix.

I look forward to receiving the new router and determining if that is the problem.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi

All tests are clear, nothing obvious showing.

I've a replacement router on the way to rule out a hardware issue.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Thanks for the information. I will update my profile accordingly.

The connection slows immediately. It doesn't drop out completely. This happens both wired and over wifi. I have the TalkTalk Wifi Hub (Black).

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi @kevjin,

What problems are you seeing, does the connection completely drop (if so what do the light(s) do on the router when this happens), or does the connection just go slow (and if so, does the speed gradually drop over time, or just suddenly drop) ?.

Does the issue affect wired or wireless devices (or both) ?.

What make / model of router do you currently have ?

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a working day or two.

0 Likes