FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help, keep loosing signal

Paul123E
Whizz Kid
Message 25 of 25

Hi,

Would you please be able to check my line?

For the last couple of days, especially mid morning onwards, the router is loosing a signal every few minutes. Speed has also dropped down (as reported by the router). It is getting very difficult to work now.

Also, did you upgrade my router firmware about a week ago? All my iDevices lost connection to 2.4Ghz Wifi and I had to make router setting changes to get them to connect again?

(just happened again when I pressed the 'post' button).

Thanks.

Paul E
0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 25

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the update and please let us know how the stability compares over the next week.

Thanks 🙂

0 Likes

Message 2 of 25

Just an update;

Engineer came Friday afternoon. The line stats all behaved whilst he was here but he did detect some possible damage to the overhead cable from accross the road that comes into the house.

He got a cherry picker in and had the cable replaced in 2 hours. Since then the signal has been solid with no dropouts so it looks like he may have solved it. I will keep monitotring but am sure the problem is now fixed.

Thanks for everyones help and thanks to the OpenReach man who was very helpful and was determined to fix the issue.

Paul E

Message 3 of 25

Hi Paul

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Please let us know how you get on following the engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 25

OpenReach engineer home visit booked for tomorrow afternoon.

I will report back once complete.

Paul E

Message 5 of 25

Hi Paul

Apologies for this.

I've completed another line test which is still detecting a possible fault.

I've passed this back to Openreach as a repeat fault and I will check on this again tomorrow. Apologies again for this.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 25

OpenReach were out today (it went off for 30 minutes and I saw a man up the pole opposite the house). I also had an email and text that pronounced it fixed.

30 minutes later it went off and has been off and on ever since so I do not think they did anything to resolve it.

In general, it appears to be OK in the morning, its the afternoon when it gets unstable.

Paul E
0 Likes

Message 7 of 25

Hi Paul

Thanks for the Private Message 🙂

I've now escalated this fault over to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer.

We should receive further updates from Openreach within the next 48-72hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 8 of 25

PM Sent.

Thanks for the support.

Paul E

Message 9 of 25

Hi Paul123E

Apologies for this.

I've completed a line test which has now detected a line fault.

Please can you send me a Private Message to confirm the name on the account, I can then raise this fault over to Openreach.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 10 of 25

Also checking router logs I see and entry for 'DSL connection is disactive' followed by 'WAN connection INTERNET_TR069_R_VID_101:IPv4 disconnected.(ERROR_NO_CARRIER)', there is then a 'DSL connection is active.' when it comes back up.

And it just went middle of writing this. Upstream rate is now a third of normal value on this reconnect.

Please can you get OpenReach involved again?

Paul E
0 Likes

Message 11 of 25

So the connection was rock steady all day until about 4:30pm.

Then the signal dropped and kept comming and going. It has now been up for around 30 minutes after disconnecting and reconnecting a number of times.

I have noticed that when the signal was good, the Upstream and Downstream Noise Safety Coefficient are both around 6dB. When the issues occurr the upstream especially goes all over the place from 0 to 15. The downstream is also changing but not by as much. This also seems to match the upstream speed also changing by big amounts on every reconnection. At the moment the upstream is still changing on almost every refresh.

Does this mean anything?

Paul E
0 Likes

Message 12 of 25

Hi Paul

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Please let us know how you get on.

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

Message 13 of 25

Back on the old HG635.

It has synced up with a faster upload/download speed than the Sagemcom and been stable for the past 30 minutes.

I will report back later once I have worked for a while with it.

Thanks for your continued support.

Paul E

Message 14 of 25

Hi Paul

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed another line test which hasn't detected any faults but I can see re connections on the line.

Have you tested with a Huawei WIFI hub?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 15 of 25

Still dropping out every so often (usually the moment I have a meeting).

Speed appears to be dropping down steadily.

I need it investigating please.

Paul E
0 Likes

Message 16 of 25

OK, I will keep an eye on it for now. It appears to have been stable since lunch.

Thanks again.

Paul E
0 Likes

Message 17 of 25

Hi

DLM can often drop when there is an issue detected on a line, and once resolved it will normally reset after a few days.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 18 of 25

Should have said. Upload speed half of what it normally is and download speed lower than usual (as reported by router). If it stabalises maybe they will go back to normal?

Paul E
0 Likes

Message 19 of 25

The router is dropping out and being disconnected.

It has been stable for the last hour or so. I will keep an eye on it for now.

Paul E
0 Likes

Message 20 of 25

Hi Paul

All tests are clear, nothing showing when tested.  Are you seeing the drops over a wired connection or just over wifi ?

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes