FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help please with speed drop and disconnections

jimmymumu
Whizz Kid
Message 8 of 8

Over the course of the last several days I've had multiple disconnections for no apparent reason and my speeds have now dropped to 15mbps from 38-50mbps. I've turned the router off for 30 minutes and it's not helped. I've ran line test from my account and it shows no problem and nothing has changed in my home environment

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hello,

Yes of course, thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks

Message 2 of 8

Thank you. I'll try a different phone and update you tomorrow. if that's ok with you

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hello,

I've re-run the line test again now and the sync speed has increased again. Would it be possible to leave the router in this set up for a few days to see if the sync speed remains consistent. In regards to the phone issue, does this also happen with a different handset at the test socket?

Thanks

Message 4 of 8

Hi,

Just saw your last post. Is the phone connected to the same socket as the router? Does this happen with the phone and router at the test socket also?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi,

Ok thank you. I'll check the connection in 30 mins and will post back then.

Thanks

0 Likes

jimmymumu
Whizz Kid
Message 6 of 8

I can do that. I'm about to shoot off out but I'll put the filter on before i go.  When i make a call it disconnects the internet for some reason. It happened earlier and i thought it was just a coincidence but I've just tried to check the line for noise by making another call and the internet has gone off again. When it came back on just now my sync speed has increased but that doesn't sort out whatever the problem is does it.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 8

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this and I will take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see that the sync speed has dropped. Is there any noise on the voice service? If your main socket has a test socket then would it be possible to connect the microfilter, router and phone at the test socket please so we can see how the connection stats compare?

Thanks