FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Here we go again: DLM SLOW TO RESTORE DOWNSTREAM SYNC SPEED.

album56
Conversation Starter
Message 31 of 31

The downstream VDSL sync speed dropped to 41Mbit/s a couple of weeks ago & hasnt changed despite switching router off for 30mins etc to try to get DLM to activate.
The router info:-
Upstream line rate 20Mbit/s
Downstream line rate 35Mbit/s
Max upstream line rate 21Mbit/s
Max downstream line rate 88Mbit/s
Upstream noise margin 6.1db
Downstream noise margin 13.2db
Upstream interleave depth 1
Downstream interleave depth 2977
So I still have a very underperforming fibre broadband with speedboost.
The speedboost has worked for periods but seems very unreliable.

This has been ongoing problem, sometimes for a week the downstream sync speed will be 61 Mbit/s then the internet light turns red & I loose all connection until I reboot the HG633 router which restores connection at a much lower sync speed.

I am desperate for fttp to stop all this nonsense with hybrid fibre/copper.

30 REPLIES 30

Message 21 of 31

Hi Mike

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection/speed compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 22 of 31
Hey mike, completely agree with you regarding the speed cap not reflecting the sync speed and adjusting up.
0 Likes

Message 23 of 31

Hi Michelle

If you think its worth trying another router then yes if it sorts the problem out that would be great.

It looks to me though downstream speeds are deliberately capped going by the number of people with the same problem on here.

Regards Mike

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 24 of 31

Hi album56,

I've just re-read through your topic and I can see that you're using a HG633 router. Can I just confirm, have you ever tested with a different router? If not then I think we should try a different router to see how the sync speed compares?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 25 of 31

Hi Michelle

Openreach have not contacted me, it doesnt appear if anything has been done.

As you rightly say downstream sync speed is still appears to be capped.

Regards Mike

Message 26 of 31

Hello,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've re-run the line test now which is now clear, however the sync speed hasn't increased but the connection looks more stable. Just to confirm, did Openreach make contact with you?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 27 of 31

Hi Karl,

Still downstream sync speed is capped ?

Upstream sync 20,000 Mbp/s

Downstream sync 35,495 Mbp/s

Upstream noise safety margin 6.1db

Downstream noise safety margin 13.5db

Downstream interleave depth 2987

I have been on this journey several times before, if I wait for 1 week maybe 2 then DLM might decide to re-sync at a higher Downstream speed, it has been as high as 61,000 Mbp/s previously but after a week or 2 at those heady speeds I'll suddenly loose the internet connection with red light etc. Then the only way to restore connection is a router re-boot & Downstream sync speed drops drastically again.

Cityfibre are currently putting fibre in the ground here, wont I be glad to see the back of the unreliable hybrid fibre/copper broadband.

But its going to many months yet before FTTP becomes available, in the mean time please can you sort this for me.

Regards Mike

Message 28 of 31

Hi

Let's see what openreach come back with tomorrow.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 29 of 31

Thanks Karl, yes I've noticed doing the 30min router reboot doesnt reset the sync speed, looks like my downstream sync speed has been capped artificially low.

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 30 of 31

Hi

Tests are showing there is a network outage on the Openreach side.

I've logged a fault to Openreach for investigation to see if this is related.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes