FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrendous service

gromeg
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

I must start by saying whenever I have actually spoken to a member of the talk talk team, they are lovely. The staff themselves I can't say a bad thing about. But the service they represent is actually disgusting. I have had poor service for about a year now.
It started with frequent disconnections from the internet, this was when I was at home a lot more often I tried to raise this issue, but it all came to no avail. sent out engineers but they couldn't diagnose anything wrong with my set-up. So that came to nothing, and of course, you can't just magically tell the internet to stop working while the engineer is in during his 30 minute allotted time so he has a chance to diagnose what is going on.
After the first engineer didn't work I called them again to express my frustrations and that they needed to check the line outside my house as there was nothing wrong internally. So instead they sent an engineer back to the house to do the exact same as the first engineer. I told them this wasn't required, but they insisted that the only way to progress was to do this, and pay for it!
Brilliant. So now I am paying to repeat a job that has already been done, to make no difference to my issue and resolve absolutely nothing.
One of my favourite parts about talktalk is the absolutely atrocious website. the navigation links are appalling, with constant logging out. It's like they intentionally try to make it a maze to get to the help and support section. I must admit, it seems to be better now from this last attempt than how it was back in March - June 2021 time. So at least there is some progress, I guess. 

But what really takes the cake is the online chat support. Never available despite stating it is. I've made this a separate paragraph because I feel this really needs to get highlighted... I once got up and waited from 08:30 am for chat support. made sure that I was there at 09:00 am so that there was no chance of it being too busy. well, 08:59 came along, I clicked on the link to take me to where it asks to start chat support. And of course it logged me out, frantically spending the next minute flying through the horrendous website, there was a flicker on the right of my screen. "click here to start chatting" or something like that. But before I could get my mouse over it, it disappeared. and sure enough, Online Chat had been disabled. at 09:00 in the morning. when it is meant to be available.

I am thoroughly convinced they deliberately turn off the functionality just to avoid customers. I have to use alternative websites in order to get a phone number for talk talk. Their own website will not let me talk to them. What does that say about customer service ethics???

I tried to report an issue over the phone and it just gives me a message that it'll run tests and hangs up. The tests have been ran.

over and over and over again have the tests been ran. Start coming up with a solution!

The only way I was ever able to get through to someone using the phone number was to use the option for leaving. I have spent over an hour on hold using the other methods. I can't stress enough how disgusting this is. Talk talk, you're not even trying to hide your appalling ethics. I now have a job that I can work from home, but I have to attend meetings on a daily basis, meetings that effect peoples lives, I cannot rely on this service, and so I live my life in the office instead of taking up the luxuries I could have. I spend needless amounts of money on fuel every day commuting when it is unnecessary for me to do so. I get about 2 hours at home where I can use the internet properly at the moment. And all I have is sub optimal slow internet.

Talk talk, you truly disgust me. Fix it.

Not happy.
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hello,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which is clear, however I can see a few re-connection on the line. Just to confirm, have you ever tested with a different router? If not then we can send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out?.

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi @gromeg,

I'm sure you have tried all of the obvious checks, but just in case....

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

The staff here won't be around now until Monday, but they should be able to respond to this post early next week to help.

Have TalkTalk offered you a replacement router to test with, as if the staff here can't see any fault with your connection or current router then they would be able to send you a replacement router to see if that made any difference.

0 Likes