FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I alter an Engineer Appointment?

Ecoke
Popular Poster
Message 20 of 20

I have an appointment for a Brightsparks engineer to investigate a fault, but I need to rearrange this owing to a new hospital appointment. I can find no way of doing this. Can anyone advise on how to do this?

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

Hi Ecoke,

I've sent you a PM

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 20

Hi Ecoke,

If you'd like us to arrange an engineer visit can your can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 3 of 20

I would indeed like an Openreach engineer to call.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 20

Hi Ecoke,

I'm sorry this is taking so long to resolve. We can arrange a visit from an Openreach engineer, if you'd like us to do this please let us know and we'll confirm some details

(please note - The engineer will complete as much testing on the line outside before attending at the property. All work will be attempted externally.

If work is required inside the property the engineers will only attempt access for a short period. The engineer will only enter the property if they feel it's safe to do so)

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 20

Hi Debbie

No.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 20

Hi Ecoke

Has the Complaints Manager been in contact?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 20

Speed still below that guaranteed. A TT engineer visited 8th March. He couldn't find the problem and suspects the fault is with the BT line in the house. He was supposed to escalate this problem so that Openreach would look into it but nothing seems to haver happened. I shall be cancelling my contract if you don't get this resolved soon.

1. You have failed to deliver the guaranteed speeds, and
  2. failed to provide efficient technical and administrative support.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 20

Hi,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I can see that this has been raised, please let us know how you get on.

In regards to the fault. How is your connection at the moment? Is this now working ok or would you like us to look into this for you?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 20

Oh dear. More incompetence from TT. I had an engineer visit yesterday afternoon. While he was here I had a text from TT that an appointment for an enginner that I made did not take place and they would charge me £30. Honestly, you couldn't make it up!

So, TT complaints manager, get in touch with me.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 20

Hello Debbie

No thanks. What I wanted was to arrange a new appointment, not enter a fruitless discussion with a Complaints Manager.

However, yesterday I managed to talk to QubeGB who supply the engineers, and within five minutes I had a new appointment. Compare that with TT's woeful performance.

Incidentally, it came to light that TT hadn't even cancelled the original appointment, in spite of being told in two chat sessions that you had. If an engineer had arrived while I was out I have no doubt you would have charged me, and I would have had a hell of a time getting my money back.

I don't blame you guys at the sharp end, it's your managers and their managers who are at fault. They fail to provide the necessary resources for effective customer service.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 20

Hi Ecoke

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I can raise a complaint so this can be discussed fully with a Complaints Manager. Would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 12 of 20

Hello Chris

I'm afraid not.

I have drafted the following letter to TT. I haven't sent it yet.

With this letter I am advising you that I am considering terminating my contract with you. 

The reason for this is that you have failed to deliver the guaranteed speeds. In an attempt to resolve this I have thrice been through laborious and time consuming chat sessions in an attempt to get a visit from an engineer.

The first attempt was successful, but owing to a new and short-notice hospital appointment (I am a cancer patient) I needed to rearrange it. This was attempted in a further two chat sessions. Unfortunately these both failed because your employee was unable to make a booking via your system.

A promised phone call from a manager has not happened.

Time is precious to me, and I can no longer afford to waste any of it trying to arrange an engineer through your extraordinarily time-consuming systems.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 13 of 20

Hi Ecoke,

How are you getting on, did you manage to get this sorted?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 20

Thanks for your help again. If I seemed I was asking the obvious about chat, it is because the chat icon just wasn't appearing in any of my browsers. I had to disable all extensions (probably one one actually needed) and ensure pop-ups were allowed.

Anyway, I eventually got a chat window, and after a longish session was told that the appointment system was down. Oh well.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 20

Click on the link I posted earlier. If it shows a purple Chat busy banner keep refreshing the page until it turns to a blue Chat now. 

Message 16 of 20

Thanks for your help anyway ferguson. Thing is, how do you even get a chat window? I can find no way of initiating one, the only times (2) I've used chat it has been initiated by TT. Once at the endo of a line test  sequence, the other time it just popped up unexpectedly whilst lingering on the support pages.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 20

Ah, OK, sorry about that. You will need to contact TalkTalk directly, call 0345 172 0046, or try Live chat

0 Likes

Message 18 of 20

Hi. Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately, the advice given in the pages you point to is incorrect. There is no 'Track Order' presented in the 'Home' drop down. Regards.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 19 of 20
0 Likes