FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i request a DLM/Profile reset?

Pegsazeus
First Timer
Message 11 of 11

I've had a faulty extension cable which my routers have been connected too and has been constantly turning the router on and off for a month now and since swapping to my Talk Talk line for my main PC to work as a streamer playing games everything has been horrible since all these restarts have happened!

i reached out to a friend who works for BT and he said about DLM and would need someone from open reach to come and reset it but im not sure how i would be able to do that through Talk Talk!

Any help would be great

Elliot

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 11

Hi Pegsazeus

Thank you. I've checked the connection stats and your line is in sync at 160.

What speed are you receiving when running a speed test?

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Should be updated now!

Message 3 of 11

Hi Pegsazeus

If you log into My Account then your landline number should show there.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

I have no idea what my landline is, I literally only use this line for playing

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 11

Hi Pegsazeus

Please can you also add your TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 6 of 11

Perhaps you could recheck your TalkTalk home 'phone number is included in your Community profile Personal information - it's the box marked "custom.profile.phone_number".

Dynamic line management is always a balance between speed and stability i.e. a stable connection at the fastest possible speed and it will achieve that in steps whilst setting the level of line error correction to cope with rejection of error inducing interference.

TalkTalk Support, once they've identified your service via the landline number, will be able to call up a report on line status.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 7 of 11

One more thing the 24/48 hours its re-establishing will it be stable enough to use? 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

i've done everything that you said and updated my profile! 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 11

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Gondola
Community Star
Message 10 of 11

First step in troubleshooting is to depower the router for a full 30 minutes then leave it powered 24/7 to wait for DLM to re-establish the correction and speed for the line. This may take 48 hours or more.

If the sync speed to the router is then below the minimum guaranteed access line speed  an Openreach engineer can be arranged to investigate.

Openreach will reset the DSLAM in the street cabinet but only in relation to fixing a fault. Openreach will refuse to attend if there is no fault.

TalkTalk don't offer a service of remotely resetting the DSLAM - this function is carried out automatically by the TalkTalk auto fault detection process when service is detected as impaired.

For TalkTalk Support to identify your account they're going to need some details.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, TalkTalk home 'phone number (if not Data Only broadband)

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the customer email address and account number

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution