FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change device names on my Huawei 633 router

Figgis
Whizz Kid
Message 4 of 4

How do I rename devices on my wireless router connection to something I can identify. Also, there are several Ethernet devices listed but I never use wired connections. Is it possible to remove them and if so how do I do it. 

Figgis
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Most devices come up as Unrecognised Device on this router, it simply means that you haven't told the router, via Edit, what it is PC, phone or tablet etc. You can remove any device you want via the Remove from network link.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 2 of 4

Thank you. I have changed the names of some.

Is it OK to remove the Ethernet devices for old stuff. I have two HP Ethernet devices but have only used the printers on Wireless for years.  The only current device I use on Ethernet is Hive. There is a device name called localhost-Wireless, an unrecognised device as type.  I have no idea what it is and want to remove it. Any idea what it may be. There is also a wireless device named Static and I have no idea what it is. I want to remove that unless is linked to some other device.

This is the first time I have changed any device or name so some of the devices could be old ones no longer in use.  If I remove devices and later on find that is some gizmo I rarely use I presume I can connect it again.

Figgis
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

Go into LAN Devices and against the device in question click edit device.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?