FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change start date of service?

ediflyer
Chatterbox
Message 9 of 9

I signed up with TalkTalk last night but was offered no choice re start date. I tried the helpline today but they said they couldn't change it, all they could do was cancel it and reorder and "hope" a different date was offered, which seems unlikely given I only ordered yesterday! 

I searched the community but couldn't find any answers, just requests to add contact details to community profiles (which I have done). My contract with my existing provider doesn't end until next month so I'm only looking to delay it by a couple of weeks. 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Thanks @Gliwmaeden2 - don't worry, I wasn't expecting them to reply at the weekend 🙂 I meant to post on Friday but was kept busy at work so just got round to it now. Hopefully they can pick it up then but seems a bit tight for time. My router delivery has been delayed too so suspect I might end up losing my existing service and not having the router for the new one in time but at least I've got plenty of data on my mobile!

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 9

@ediflyer, staff are not on here at weekends and this board isn't covered full time Monday to Friday. 

I'll re-escalate this - but, yes, time is getting very short. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi @Arne-TalkTalk - any update? Just aware only a few days left before the switch is meant to happen now... 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi ediflyer

Leave it with me, ill see if its possible. 

Regards

Message 5 of 9

Hi @Arne-TalkTalk that'd be great - ideally 14th December, this is when the existing contract ends.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi @ediflyer

We might be able to change it,  What date do you need it changing too? 

0 Likes

ediflyer
Chatterbox
Message 7 of 9

Many thanks for the reply, @Gliwmaeden2. Yes, I'm moving from another Openreach provider so no issue with the service ceasing, it's just my existing contract doesn't finish until mid-December and I've been allocated a switch date of start of December. When I've previously changed supplier I have been able to select the switch date so I was surprised I didn't get the option to do so yesterday. Look forward to hearing from a mod in due course. 

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

If you are moving from another Openreach serviced provider, did you ask Talktalk to keep your number?

If that's so, your provision from the previous ISP will automatically cease when the Talktalk service starts, @ediflyer.

Moving from Virgin is a different matter, and so involves different infrastructure. 

Either way you probably need to clarify.

Staff will respond as soon as they can. Your thread is in the queue for attention. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes