FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect CCTV to HG633 router

doddpa
Team Player
Message 27 of 27

I have a Floureon camera system and Hard drive currently connected to a TV upstairs by HDMI (where I used to have my office).

Ive now had to move my office downstairs and I want to be able to check the cameras on my computer which is connected to the HG633 router.

I have run an ethernet cable from the DVR to a Cisco Network switch and then to the router.  The switches lights are both on and flickering and in the LAN settings for the router it shows the LAN as connected at 100MBPS.

I sort of hoped the connection would set itself but Im afraid im at the limit of my knowledge. Does anyone have a step by step guide they could point me at to enable me to set the Router up and if necessary the DVR.  Im OK at following instructions but just not very familiar with all the terms used.  Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26

Message 1 of 27
Thanks for looking Keith. I did initially try to speak to the manufacturer but only got some generalised stuff back from them. The system is about 6 - 8 years old and I got the impression that it would work with IE originally, but as IE has been replaced they have since dropped it.
Never mind , I will look for an alternative , until it needs to be replaced. Maybe a really long HDMI cable 🙂 , until it needs to be replaced.
Thanks again for taking the time to try and help out.
0 Likes

Message 2 of 27

I have had a look at the trace, the TCP sessions all establish OK as do some HTTP sessions, so there is no problem with closed ports or anything. Whatever the problem is it is down to the browser plugins or whatever, it is not a network issue at all. I would suggest you take this up with the manufacturer of the CCTV.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 27
Thanks Kieth I appreciate it
0 Likes

Message 4 of 27

I'll try & have a look at this tomorrow for you. I will delete your trace from your post to protect your security.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

doddpa
Team Player
Message 5 of 27

File from Wireshark

0 Likes

Message 6 of 27

First within Wireshark identify the connection from your PC to the router, as I said I am guessing that your PC is connected via wireless. Click on that interface & start the trace as per my guide.

Then (even though you know it won't work) try & connect to the CCTV from Chrome or Edge on your PC. Once you get a message back saying that you were unable to connect, or whatever it might say, stop the Wireshark trace. Then follow my guide on how to save the trace & send it to me.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 7 of 27

Just for info, in your Wire Shark instruction you say when the Once the application has failed, what does that mean?

Do I just leave it running until it stops itself? Or should I stop it after a number of lines

0 Likes

Message 8 of 27

Just for info, we have a DVR on our CCTV system in Thailand and that will only work with Internet Explorer as the required plug-ins are not available for any other browsers.

Message 9 of 27

How is the PC connected to the router, maybe it is WiFi, not Ethernet? You may have to select the Npcap Loopback Adapter.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 10 of 27

Sorry for the delay. I thought I had actually responded last week.

I connected the DVR directly to a cable off the router and and redid the previous tests, and got the same results (see attached) . Ive followed your Wireshark instructions and the result is as shown in the attachment. Neither of the Ethernet connections shown appear to have any activity. Clicking on either of them and running a trace does not show any results. There are Two connections to the router DVR and Hive controller

0 Likes

Message 11 of 27

Thanks for that. I will try to do that during the week. As ill need to move the DVR to try it. Appreciate your help.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 27

I have just remembered that the HG633 has a problem when devices are not connected directly to either LAN or WiFi interfaces (e.g. via a switch as in your case). They are OK for general internet access but not for devices trying to connect to them.

Just to prove this is the case first, please can you try temporarily connecting the CCTV directly to a LAN port on the router? If it works then, that is the issue, if it doesn't, then I will need the Wireshark trace.

Keith

Message 13 of 27

Id appreciate it Keith. Ive just spent a couple of hours "fiddling" and still no further forward.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 27

I would guess that the port on the CCTV is not open, but the only way to prove this is by you using Wireshark to get me an IP trace of what is going wrong, so I can analyse it for you. Do you want me to send you a guide on how to do this?

Keith

Message 15 of 27

Similar in both Chrome and Edge

0 Likes

Message 16 of 27

OK, now in Edge or Chrome, what happens if you try & go to:-

http://192.168.1.122

Keith

Message 17 of 27

Ive just looked on the DVR and it says TCP port 34567 and HTTP Port 80

0 Likes

Message 18 of 27

Yes, that is exactly what I wanted to prove. What TCP port do you connect to this CCTV with?

Keith

Message 19 of 27

Ok thanks

There you go. I suppose that proves it is connected

0 Likes

Message 20 of 27

OK, another way then. What is the IP address of the CCTV, you may need to log into the router for that? Then on the PC go to a command prompt & type

ping 192.168.1.x

substituting the actual IP address of the CCTV for the 192.168.1.x and press the enter key. Give me a copy of the output from this command.

Keith

0 Likes