FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect additional computers to new router

jkh58
Participant
Message 24 of 24

Hello

I've just had a new TalkTalk router and I've set it up ok and my main computer, which is Windows7 on a desk downstairs, connects to the internet fine.

So far so good....

But I have two other computers - a pretty much defunct WindowsXP which I don't want to throw away cos it's got some good programs on there - it's also downstairs near the Windows7 computer. I also have a new Windows10 computer which is upstairs.

Before I set up the new router I was able to have all three computers online at the same time with my old router - the other two computers connected via a Tenda mini adapter.

My problem now is that I cannot get the other two computers to connect to the internet. I can't see how to do it and I've been faffing around all day with them!

I get messages on my Windows10 machine that says 'ethernet doesn't have a valid ip configuration' & 'default gateway is not available'.

Can anyone help me please?

Many thanks

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

Message 21 of 24

Hi jkh58,

Could you explain what the mini adapter is/does. Is it an adapter that allows you to connected an Ethernet cable to a USB port on your PC? 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 22 of 24

Hi Debbie

No, they're connected via a mini adapter (cable)

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 23 of 24

Hi jkh58

I'm sorry to hear this.

Are these devices connecting wireless? Can they see the router in the wireless settings?

Have you also had a look at this help page Connect your Windows 10 PC

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes