FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix my slow Broadband?

julianj
Popular Poster
Message 8 of 8

So I've just discovered that my Talk Talk Fibre Broadband is running with a maximum download speed of 4.7mbps, it should be around 30mbps. I suspect it's been running at this speed since I upgraded to fibre. I have spoken to Talk Talk who say they need to send an engineer to investigate but since I cannot take a day off work until March I wonder if there is anything I can try at home to fix the issue?

I have a HG635 Router 

DSL synchronization status:
Up
Connection status:
Showtime
Upstream line rate (kbit/s):
Downstream line rate (kbit/s):
Maximum upstream rate (kbit/s):
Maximum downstream rate (kbit/s):
Upstream noise safety coefficient (dB):
Downstream noise safety coefficient (dB):
Upstream interleave depth:
Downstream interleave depth:
Line standard:
VDSL
Upstream line attenuation (dB):
Downstream line attenuation (dB):
Upstream output power (dBm):
Downstream output power (dBm):
Channel type:
None
DSL up-time:
0 days 11 hours 34 minutes 33 seconds
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi

That's great news, thanks for confirming.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8
The new router I received solved the issue. Many thanks.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi Julian,

I've ordered a router to test with, should be with you within a couple of working days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

@Michelle-TalkTalk 

Thanks for your message. Yes, the master socket does have a test socket inside. I have plugged the router into that and still after 12 hours the maximum download speed remains stubbingly at 4.7/4.9 mbps.

I like the idea of trying a replacement router for testing purposes to see if that works as soon as possible.

Many thanks,

Julian

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi Julian,

Ok thanks for the additional information. If the master socket does have a test socket then it would be worth testing the router at the test socket for at least 24-48hrs to see if DLM makes any changes to the sync speed. If there is no improvement then we can arrange to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Thanks for the reply. I spent two evenings with your online chat team who both said they had to send out an enginner. 

The voice service is fine. I don't have an alternative router to try and have not yet looked to see if my BT master socket has a test socket inside.

I have tried a speed test with an ethernet cable hard wired into the router and get the same results.

Julian

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 8

Hi julianj,

I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. Are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as no dial tone or any noise on the line?

Does your master socket have a test socket? Have you ever tested with an alternative router?

Thanks

0 Likes