FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up Vigor 130 with talktalk router?

simon086
Participant
Message 43 of 43

Hi, is anyone using a draytek vigor 130  modem with there talk talk router. If so could you please show me how to set it up or send us a photo of your settings? Many thanks, Simon. 

0 Likes
42 REPLIES 42

Message 1 of 43

Hi simon086,

Your current sync speed is 160Mbps and the line test is passing, are you still experiencing slow throughput speeds?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 43

Hi Michelle, my wireless download speed today is only 60mbps. I'm on super fast fibre. Its been like this for the past few weeks. Please can you assist me futher on how to get it back to 140mbps, thank you.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 43

Hi,

Ok, can I just confirm, how does the speed compare if you connect directly at the Openreach modem?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 43

No my wired speed test download was only 59mbps

0 Likes

Message 5 of 43

Morning,

Ok thanks for confirming. Are the speeds ok if you run a wired speed test? If it is solely the wireless speeds which are low then we can offer more assistance with this.

Thanks

0 Likes

bigkenny
Enlightened One
Message 6 of 43

Well I suppose `ferguson` is right about g.fast investing now init as Openreach have stopped installing new and you can only get it if your green hub has been adapted ready for it. Full Fibre FTTP is the future for all of us (unless the new sat` tec` which is just starting now above us really kicks in) 5g has not really been to good so far. If you can get it NOW. I would still try and get g.fast as it could still be sometime before your house/area is 100% full fibre ready. If you can get 150mbps via copper go for it better than reg` 80/20 you can always change again to FTTP when ready.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 7 of 43

I have Fibre 65 and it works fine within the limits of my line, I get steady speeds of around 50 down and 13 up.

The Sagemcom you have is TalkTalk's most advanced Hub and well capable of supporting your G.fast service. It can often do with a bit of fine tuning when it comes to the wireless side of things though, perhaps that is what you need to be looking at now. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 43

Which one do you own and are there any issues with it?

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 9 of 43

Um, real Fibre to the home, haven't you heard?  😉

0 Likes

Message 10 of 43

Is there something new coming soon or in the works?

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 11 of 43

G.fast is going to be around for about another 5 minutes in tech time, not worth wasting your money on a combined unit. 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 43

I dont think TalkTalk do a g.fast router (I could be wrong). I just thought there all normal router/modems for reg` FTTC. I have bought my own router/modem (its g.fast ready) so unless you link up the TT router to the Openreach box you might have to pay for a 3rd party box (g.fast Gateway router/modem)

0 Likes

Message 13 of 43

Hi Michelle, thanks for looking into this for me. The problems I have is on my pc upstairs. I was getting speeds of 110-130mbps but for the last week I've been getting between 30 and 90mbps. And also I notice sometimes the WiFi send and receive signal on my phone doesn't flash. I'm on 150fibre so this is not acceptable for what I paid for. My talk talk router is quite old and was thinking to replace it with a gfast router but I am not sure this would improve connectivity. You sent me an openreach g.fast modem to connect to my talktalk router. Ideally I would like just to use 1 device not 2 inorder to go online. Please help?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 43

Morning,

I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault and both the sync speed and stability look ok. Can I just confirm, what issues are you experiencing with the connection at the moment?

Thanks

0 Likes

simon086
Participant
Message 15 of 43

I wish I started off by saying that I am on 150fibre that would have been much easier. Oh well at least I've learnt something from this. Any idea what talktalk will likely say?

0 Likes

Message 16 of 43

@simon086 wrote:

When I upgraded to 150mb talktalk gave me a openreach gateway to use with my router. The engineer told me that my talktalk router  won't give me the speed of 150mb and that I needed a gateway. So after not being impressed by the drop outs I kept getting I went for the vigor 130. To be honest I would have gone for a router/modem if I done more research but hey ho.

The TalkTalk routers have a built in modem but only capable of connecting to ADSL and VDSL, so TalkTalk use the separate Openreach modem for you to connect to their Fibre150 service. I think that's what the engineer was trying to explain.

If you are having issues with the stability of your service then I would probably have to agree with @ferguson , that the best plan for now is to wait for advice from TalkTalk support staff before spending more money on modems/routers.

ferguson
Community Star
Message 17 of 43

@simon086 The worst thing that you can ever get from an Openreach engineer is an opinion. 

First, I would return your Draytek modem to whence it came, it is of no use to you whatsoever. Second, reconnect the Openreach modem at the DSL socket and wire that to the Sagemcom router. Finally, wait for advice from the support team here. 

Message 18 of 43

Yes I'm on 150fibre dam so I've bought the wrong modem. What gfast router/ modem would you  recommend? Is draytek the way to go?

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Message 19 of 43

Ok, now I'm very confused.

What broadband package are you on?

The Vigor 130 is only an ADSL and VDSL modem. If you are on a G.fast Fibre150 service you will need to use the Openreach modem or else get a third party G.fast modem or modem/router.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 43

When I upgraded to 150mb talktalk gave me a openreach gateway to use with my router. The engineer told me that my talktalk router  won't give me the speed of 150mb and that I needed a gateway. So after not being impressed by the drop outs I kept getting I went for the vigor 130. To be honest I would have gone for a router/modem if I done more research but hey ho.

0 Likes