FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup wifi hub Sagecom Fast 5364 in bridge or modem mode?

BigJ36
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

Hi have just tried to setup my new wifi hub into modem mode, after being sold it on the basis that it had one by one of the talk talk sales representatives to allow it to act as a modem for my Asus RT N66U. After login into the modem I have realised it doesnt have this mode.

I have had my old TT super router bridged to my Asus so thought this would be possible with the Wifi Hub. so contacted 4 technicians for help, one posted me to this link https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/General-Technology-Tips-Tricks/Sagemcom-Fast-5364-bridge-mode/m-...

which shows it is possible but must be enabled by ISP and another technician updated the firmware remotely to SG4K1001E00t which enabled the TR069 client in the advanced options but can not turn this off now during the conversation was cut off and now there is still not a bridge mode available. 

The last technician gave me the run around and would not give me the firmware to upload and told me that they could not remotely update the firmware when another has updated it. 

Does anybody know if it's possible to connect another router, specifically the Asus RT- N66U with the Sagecom Fast 5364 in bridge mode please?

Any help would be greatly apreciated 🙂 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

My main router is a Billion 8900AX 2400 which is better for my needs than the 5364.

the 5364 does make a very good wireless AP when connected to the 8900 via LAN cable but I think it is continually trying to connect to VDSL.  This isn’t affecting speed or connection it’s just annoying. Is there any way to prevent that. I know it’s just trying to do its job!

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Yes basically, so long as you can put your Airport into bridge mode.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 3 of 5

Hi Keith

this comes back to my very first post about using BT Openreach modem and an apple airport router.  I still have not been able to set this up so it connects to the internet.  From you have just said, I should be able to plug my Apple extreme router into this and use it as an extension device.  Then connect all my other airports to the extreme to give better coverage.

Is this correct?

Regards

andy

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

You cannot set this to either Modem mode or Bridge mode.

However, what you can do is use it as the first router connected to the line, then connect it to another router. I that router set:-

1. Its IP address as 192.168.1.2
  2. Not the DHCP server
  3. Set it into bridge mode

Back in the hub make sure that the DHCP pool address range does not include 192.168.1.2 (which it doesn't by default). Connect LAN1 on the hun to a LAN port on the second router, either by Ethernet cable or powerlines.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?