FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei EchoLife DG8041W v1.05t - DMZ function doesn't forward port 443

jc6505
Chatterbox
Message 11 of 11

Hi all,

I use the huawei DG8041W router mainly as a modem (wifi off), having a UDM Pro on the other side handle the network / firewall. I use the DMZ function to get the Huawei to forward all of the unmapped ports across to the UDM... except it seems to not like 443. Forwarding 443 manually gives an error of The configured port conflicts with the internal service port". My use case doesn't permit me to give a different external port - it needs to be 443.

From some googling I've seen a few posts about this from years back but not really any answers. Is there a firmware update to resolve it? Or perhaps an alternate modem that could be supplied?

If it's worth mentioning, i'm on the Fibre 65 and the router is on version v1.05t.

Thanks all, appreciate your response.

Joe
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi jc6505

Thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie

Message 2 of 11

Okay so the new router a bit of fighting to get going (it kept rebooting after attaching the broadband connection to it). Once I'd managed to get over that though we were sorted! Dmz mode passes through as expected and actually line sync speed seem quite a bit higher (previously in low 60s / high 50s and now 76.9). 

Thanks everyone

Joe
0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Hi jc6505

The Sagemcom hub is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Hi debbie,

Yes, that would be great!

Thank you,

Joe

Message 5 of 11

Hi jc6505

Sorry yes I can send a Sagemcom hub. Will it be ok for me to send the router to the address linked to the landline number in your Community Profile? (please do not post the number/details on this thread)

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Hi Debbie,

Thank you for the response, however im not sure your response has really helped. I've identified i can't forward port 443 on my talktalk router and one suggestion has been whether or not talktalk could provide me with a sagemcom router instead (since the issue isn't a problem for the sagemcom). Would that be possible?

Joe
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 11

Hi jc6505

FW version 1.05 is the latest for this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 8 of 11

Your post is in the queue for attention, @jc6505. Staff reply Monday to Friday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 9 of 11

Thanks Piethorne, I'll wait and see if the support team see this post. I only need the router to operate as a modem so hopefully that should be a possibility. I understand I can obtain my own but it feels a bit wrong that I should need to obtain an 'unsupported' bit of kit to do something that I should already be able to do.

Thanks

Joe
0 Likes

Piethorne
Whizz Kid
Message 10 of 11

Several ports (22, 23, 53, 80, 443) are restricted on the Huawei DG8041W and need port redirection, and as yet there is no firmware available to fix this. The other TT hub - Sagemcom - does not have this problem.

The support team here may be able to swap your hub if you ask.

Alternatively, you could obtain a 3rd party VDSL hub or modem / router combo.

I'm just a customer who might be able to help, not official help & support.
0 Likes