FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei Router Limitations Restricting Common Port Forwarding and Subnet Mask Change

robinwilson16
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

The Huawei router has several significant limitations that appear to have been reported since 2020 as a bug and restrict basic network services available as standard on routers normally but remain unaddressed with this model that is still supplied.

I just needed to set my subnet mask to 255.255.0.0 and port forward some devices.

However, the first limitation of this router restricts the subnet mask from being changed telling you it is invalid when in fact it is not.

Secondly if I go to port forwarding, pick web server, select the device to forward to and attempt to save it says "The configured port conflicts with the internal service port." This is the same for port 443 and appears the router blocks these most common ports and this is a further limitation of the Huawei router and again this entry is perfectly valid and even provided by the drop down.

After initially being told I needed to put my device into DMZ and forward all ports by using an axsterix I was told my router could be replaced with a Sagem model and that this does not have the same restrictions on basic features of the router (after the initial people I spoke to were completely confused by my request and thought I was watching TV!)

My service did not go live when it was supposed to, an engineer failed to turn up and a manager has failed to phone me as promised so it has not been a great start so far.

I just need a router that supports these features that have always come as standard until now.

Is this possible please?

Thanks

Robin

Robin Wilson
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi Robin

That's great, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

robinwilson16
First Timer
Message 2 of 4

Hello Debbie

Thanks for your quick response and fast delivery of the replacement router.

With this router I was able to successfully set the correct subnet mask and port forwarding rules and the web interface is also a lot more responsive. Also it looks nicer with the copper colour showing through the holes.

I will post the Huawei one back today in the packaging provided.

Thanks again

Robin

Robin Wilson

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 4

Hi Robin

I'm sorry to hear this.

I have sent you a Sagemcom WIFI hub for testing, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie