FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei WiFi Hub internet cuts-out ocassionally

ryanhammoud
Conversation Starter
Message 18 of 18

Hi all OCEs! 

I had a previous post about this but I had left it unanswered for a while because the internet was working for a while.

I hope you are well. I am still occasionally experiencing this issue where my internet will suddenly stop working on ALL my devices in my house and will sometimes take some time before it comes back up, or I have to restart my router before it comes back. 

on my PC, it reads as a DNS issue as I can still connect to the router but something isn’t working and I can’t load any websites. 

it happens once every few days I think. 

It is currently happening (internet cut) and started at 16:34 25/08/21 and 5 minutes later it came back. 

could you please investigate why this keeps happening? 

kind regards,

Ryan

Ryan Hammoud
Neuroscience & Gaming
0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

Dear @ukhardy07 ,

Thanks for letting me know. I thought that changing the DNS server would help, but when I tried your steps in the above settings, i had the feeling that it didn't actually change anything.

I looked it up and saw that the current Huawei hub firmware actually don't really have the ability to change the DNS server that you use, despite allowing you to write your own DNS server info in the box.

Is this right?

Kind regards,

Ryan

Ryan Hammoud
Neuroscience & Gaming
0 Likes

Message 2 of 18

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk ,

Thanks. But I think I would rather stick with the Huawei router since the Sagemcom gave me so many problems in the past.

Kind regards,

Ryan

Ryan Hammoud
Neuroscience & Gaming
0 Likes

ukhardy07
Team Player
Message 3 of 18

I have this issue with the HUAWEI hub a fix seems to be to go into the settings - advanced - DHCP settings and set the DNS to 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8 can confirm the sagecomm doesn’t have the same 

TalkTalk Fibre65
0 Likes

Message 4 of 18

Hi Ryan

We do have new firmware for the Sagemcom hub being rolled out at the moment.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 18

Most recently, I was using the Sagemcom router in July. 

I am not sure what the firmware version was at the time, but I was sure it was up to date since I was having issues with the ethernet ports and the wifi dropping out and the support team previously made sure it was up to date.

Having multiple issues with the Sagemcom router was not a great experience. The Huawei hub would be perfect if this issue didn't happen every so often.

Kind regards,

Ryan

Ryan Hammoud
Neuroscience & Gaming
0 Likes

Message 6 of 18

Hi Ryan,

How long ago did you try the Sagemcoms? Do you know which firmware version they had?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 18

Dear @Debbie-TalkTalk 

Thanks for checking.

I have used two Sagemcom routers previously which were giving me repeated issues with the ethernet ports (despite using CAT6 cables) and issues with the WIFI connections dropping at random times throughout the day (requiring restarts).

After switching to the Huawei router, the ethernet ports have been stable and the wifi has also been stable, HOWEVER, I have started experiencing this "DNS error issue" every few days. The internet will go offline for a few minutes and then might come back 5 minutes later or might require a restart. 

Kind regards,

Ryan

Ryan Hammoud
Neuroscience & Gaming
0 Likes

Message 8 of 18

Hi Ryan

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults.

Have you recently tested with a different router?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 9 of 18

Thank you @KeithFrench ,

If it makes any difference, when the issue with the internet occurs - all my devices stop connecting to the internet, but I am still able to log into the router. When I do that, it still shows that my router is connected to the internet, however, I can't load any webpages and I can't use any ping or nslookup (they just fail).

Once, while it was happening, I went on the my account section on the TalkTalk website (using my mobile/mobile data), and ran a test on my service to see if it would detect a problem, and it said that there was nothing wrong.

Kind regards,

Ryan

Ryan Hammoud
Neuroscience & Gaming
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 10 of 18

In that case I'll ask TalkTalk Support to investigate in case it is a line issue.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 11 of 18

Hi

I don't think this is the Kernel panic issue and the router is on V1.06t that does resolve this issue specifically.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 12 of 18

Hi @Karl-TalkTalk,

I previously had two Sagemcom routers but they were also causing issues related to it’s Ethernet ports (even when using CAT6 cables) and completely dropping the Wi-Fi connection until a complete restart. 

recently (July) had it swapped out for the Huawei hub and this has been working except for this issue where the internet would drop out for 5-10 mins. 

So I’m not sure that would be a good idea. 

Is the issue here definitely a kernel panic issue? 
Again, the log file was quite long and only had that one mention of it. 

kind regards,

Ryan 

Ryan Hammoud
Neuroscience & Gaming
0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

Hi ryanhammoud

Do you want to swap out the router for the other model hub ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 14 of 18

Hi @KeithFrench ,

The User Log file is quite long and only has that one kernel panic.

I am currently using firmware Version v1.06t.

So, I am not sure how to rectify the issue here.

Kind regards,

Ryan

Ryan Hammoud
Neuroscience & Gaming
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 15 of 18

That time is just the initial time, so you will need firmware 1.06 to rectify this. I will ask TalkTalk support to do this for you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 18

Hi @KeithFrench ,

In the User Log, there is only one mention of a kernel panic, but the time logged there is "1981-01-01 00:00:10". So I am not sure if this corresponds to what happened that time and date.

1981-01-01 00:00:10 [Error][Alarm-Log] AlarmID:104001,AlarmLevel:Error,Device reset. Cause: System reset due to kernel panic, Terminal:OTHER

There are a couple entries in the user log from when the internet started working again, after having the issue.

2021-08-25 16:39:03 [Notice][Run-Log] SNTP has synchronized successfully, current time is [2021-08-25 16:39:03+00:00 DST], uptime is [452224s].

2021-08-25 16:39:04 [Critical][Config-Log] Terminal:ACS(62.24.243.161),Result:Success,Type:Set,InternetGatewayDevice.ManagementServer:,ConnectionRequestUsername:userid,ConnectionRequestPassword:-

2021-08-25 16:39:04 [Critical][Config-Log] Terminal:ACS(62.24.243.161),Result:Success,Type:Set,InternetGatewayDevice.ManagementServer:,PeriodicInformEnable:1,PeriodicInformInterval:86400,PeriodicInformTime:2021-08-25T15:39:03.640Z

I believe that this was the exact time the internet came back.

Hope that is helpful.

Kind regards,

Ryan

Ryan Hammoud
Neuroscience & Gaming
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 17 of 18

If you look in the User Log at the time this happens, is there any mention of restarting due to kernel panic?

Keith

0 Likes