FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei router HG633 'gateway' icon disappears

bobleon
Chatterbox
Message 8 of 8

The icon disappeared but all router functions seemed to be working. However, a backup to my NAS using Acronis True Image, failed. The action also corrupted previous backups. The icon re-appeared after a switch off/on of the router. I was able then to make a new backup. Since then scheduled backups have succeeded. but I am concerned that the icon could disappear again at any time.

Should I request a new router from TalkTalk?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi bobleon,

This is the latest version of firmware for the HG633 router. Is this still happening at the moment?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

In answer to your previous question, this is the information that I have found.

Device ID 00E0FC-C4R8W15407002882

Hardware version H.1.01

Software version  v2.00t

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

The firmware version should be on the home page, don't worry about it too much, as long as you have remote access enabled the support team can check from their end. TalkTalk firmware updates are not available for user download, they are automated, but sometimes that process does not always work. 

Message 4 of 8

I have logged into the router but am not sure where to look to find a reference to the firmware version. I have checked recently for any firmware updates on the Internet but was unable to find one specifically for this model.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 5 of 8

No worries, I have amended the topic title to avoid any further confusion!  Which version of firmware do you have on the router? 

Subject to that the online support team will gladly look into this for you, make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number are complete on your community profile here so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then give them a day or two to respond.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Sorry, You're right. I meant HG633.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

The Huawei HG655 router is not supplied by TalkTalk, are you sure you have the right model number?

0 Likes