FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei633 Static IP addresses?

villafranca
Chatterbox
Message 12 of 12

I have the Huawei633 on Fibre

The software version is V2.00t

I have 2x raspberry Pi’s that require static IP addresses

They are programmed  for static addresses

When I set their mac numbers to be static in the router they work OK but a reboot means the DHCP re assigns the IP addresses. I can’t get any static addresses to work on this router.

Can you actually get this router to assign static IP’s on reboot?

It seems DHCP is the only option.

Villafranca
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

OK thanks for the clarification, please let us know how you get on with the other devices

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Thanks for that. My issue is the first device sustains as static when you set it up in the DHCP reservation table. But a second one wont stay static. It stays DHCP. Attached are my screen prints.

I'll set a couple of other devices on my network to static that are bog standard printers and see if the problem  replicated or it's a Raspberry Pi problems. Looking at the code in the Pi's they are set to the correct static IP's.

Villafranca
0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hi villafranca,

Our product team have tested this by assigning a static IP address to a device and rebooting the router, they've confirmed it worked fine and didn't reset following the reboot. They've asked if you can try assigning a static IP address to a different device (something other than a rasberry pi) and check to see if you have the same issue

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

OK, I'll let you know when I have any more information 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12
Thanks, it would be unthinkable that such a basic function wasn't in a major ISP's bit of standard kit. There's a few forums that say it doesn't work on a 633 without a software update. .. which has been promised since last summer. Anyway, I shall watch and wait.

thanks
villafranca
Villafranca
0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hi villafranca,

I've received some feedback from our product team, they think you should be able to do this but they are going to test it tomorrow so I should have a further update for you then 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

OK, I'll let you know when I receive an update 🙂

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12
Thanks, no static up addresses delivered by the router will be a terminal relationship event 🙂
Villafranca
0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

OK, I'll pass this over to our product team to see if they can offer any advice, I'll let you know when I receive an update

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 12
Yes, despite setting up the DHCP server reservation for the MAC addresses of my devices I need a static address..... they stay static and correct for a while but at router reboot get reset to whatever DHCP chooses. So everything stops working.

The router application tells me one device is set static but the second device stays as showing on DHCP. But in reality a reboot just reassigns the IP addresses.
Villafranca
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 12

Hi villafranca,

Does DHCP always assign a dynamic IP address when you reboot the router?

Chris

0 Likes