FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't connect via VPN using my TalkTalk router, but I can if I use another router.

Chickabiddybex
First Timer
Message 9 of 9

No idea what has happened here - it was working fine for months and then all of a sudden last week (not exactly sure which day as I don't try to use the VPN every single day) it stopped working!

I've been connecting to work using a VPN connection for a long time but now it just doesn't work. It takes ages trying to connect and then says "A connection to the remote computer could not be established" and I've tried this with different VPNs and the same result. I've tried different devices and the same result. But if I try another router it works perfectly!

I tried resetting the router but it hasn't solved anything. I tried connecting using an ethernet cable and that hasn't worked either. There's something wrong with the router but what the problem is I don't know! Perhaps the latest firmware has some sort of issue?

It's a TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub version SG4K100130

Any ideas?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi Chickabiddybex

I'm so glad to hear this.

Thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Chickabiddybex
First Timer
Message 2 of 9

The new router has fixed the problem!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi Chickabiddybex

Thanks for your reply.

Please let us know how the connection compares with the replacement router.

Debbie

0 Likes

Chickabiddybex
First Timer
Message 4 of 9

I spoke to someone on live chat who has arranged to send out a new router - not sure which type it is but I was told it's different to my current one. Hopefully that fixes the issue!

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 9

Morning,

@KeithFrench - Yes, we fed this back to the Products Team and they are investigating this.

Would you like us to send a Huawei Wifi Hub instead? We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be returned.

Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 6 of 9

I am trying to find out if this VPN client is known to have issues with V130 firmware. I'll ask TalkTalk to come back to you on this.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Chickabiddybex
First Timer
Message 7 of 9

Windows built in

(I'm using Windows 10 - forgot to mention earlier)

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

What VPN client are you using?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes