FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have no idea what is supposed to happen

Vito Scaletta
Team Player
Message 55 of 55

Ok.. so.. this is the first time i have ever purchased anything relating to Fibre/Broadband. I opted for Fibre 65 and have just recently received my Router with the wires etc. I'm thinking this is nice and easy so far. Then i look through the instructions and see that i have to have this Openreach Modem in order for it to work... I have not received this. I have not had a text or email from anybody confirming when this will be arriving. I have received a text from Openreach saying they are looking forward to activating my service in a couple of days and that i don't need to be in... is this it? Any help or advice would be appreciated because i have absolutely no clue what to do.

Vito
0 Likes
54 REPLIES 54

Message 1 of 55

That's great news, glad to hear the issue is now resolved. No, if the fault wasn't yours then you won't be charged 🙂

Chris

Vito Scaletta
Team Player
Message 2 of 55

@Chris-TalkTalk OK. Engineer has been and everything is now fixed and connected. He said that the previous engineer that attended (the one who called me to say it was working) basically connected my Broadband to the wrong line. He just moved it over and it was working. I take it that means I won't be charged as it wasn't my fault? 😆

Vito
0 Likes

Message 3 of 55

I've booked the appointment for tomorrow morning - November 24 2021, AM (08:00-13:00) - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Vito Scaletta
Team Player
Message 4 of 55

@Chris-TalkTalk yes please

Vito
0 Likes

Message 5 of 55

Hi Vito Scaletta,

You don't have to be there personally, just a responsible adult. Do you just want me to book the earliest/soonest appointment available? (I can see that Skynet_TX has answered your other question)

Chris

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 6 of 55

Openreach are responsible for the phone cable into your property, and for the master socket itself, they are not responsible for any additional phone wiring / sockets. So if the fault is with the master socket, or the phone wire 'outwards' from the master socket to the outside world, then Openreach should fix that at no cost to you.

Vito Scaletta
Team Player
Message 7 of 55

@Chris-TalkTalk Also, Just for clarification on my end. I know the previous tenant and they have advised they had the master socket fitted in April this year. If there is something wrong with the Master Socket which is what is causing the problem, is it covered under a warranty?

Vito
0 Likes

Vito Scaletta
Team Player
Message 8 of 55

@Chris-TalkTalk Thankyou for that information. I would like to go ahead with the appointment please. Do I myself need to be available, or can a relative meet the engineer? I'm currently working away from home due to not being able to work there. 

Vito
0 Likes

Message 9 of 55

Hi Vito Scaletta,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience, regarding compensation please see - About your automatic compensation credit

If you'd like to go ahead with the engineer visit please let us know when you can be available

Chris

0 Likes

Vito Scaletta
Team Player
Message 10 of 55

@Chris-TalkTalk No problem. If the problem is in my property then I will gladly pay a charge. However, if that is the route we are taking. Will TalkTalk agree to pay the loss of wages I have suffered since the 17th November due to me not being able to work from home if the problem is not in my property?

Vito
0 Likes

Message 11 of 55

Hi ferguson,

Unfortunately we can't really check remotely for a crossed line

Chris

Message 12 of 55

Hi Vito Scaletta,

if you'd like us to go ahead with the engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges

• Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 13 of 55

Hmm, @Vito Scaletta it is a shame you don't have a handset, I am beginning to suspect a crossed line, I wonder if the support team can check for this remotely? 

0 Likes

Vito Scaletta
Team Player
Message 14 of 55

@Chris-TalkTalk That's no problem. Anything to get this sorted.

Vito
0 Likes

Message 15 of 55

OK thanks. To look into this further we'll need to arrange an engineer visit to your home, if you'd like us to do this please let us know and we'll confirm some details

Chris

0 Likes

Vito Scaletta
Team Player
Message 16 of 55

@Chris-TalkTalk I have already done this after speaking to Tech Support over the weekend. It did not work. There is another TalkTalk line in the block of flats I live in, it's my suspicion that they have tested that line and not mine. 

Vito
0 Likes

Message 17 of 55

Hi Vito Scaletta,

Openreach have cleared the voice fault and line test is now passing. Could you switch your router off and leave it off for 30 minutes then switch back on and retest. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 18 of 55

OK, it doesn't matter so much as Openreach are already on the case regarding the voice fault, I was just wondering if you could confirm it from your end. There seems little purpose in pursuing this with customer services in the meantime, I would wait for an update from the support team here when they are back online on Monday. 

0 Likes

Vito Scaletta
Team Player
Message 19 of 55

@ferguson Unfortunately, I don't know anybody that actually owns a landline phone anymore. Unless I actually go out and buy one, which I shouldn't have to do.. I won't be able to get one.

Vito
0 Likes

Vito Scaletta
Team Player
Message 20 of 55

So. I have spoken to several people using the numbers provided in @Gliwmaeden2 response. The first call lasted for 30 minutes, to which I received the "turn it off and then on again" resolution. The lady I spoke to found it hilarious as she was laughing whilst I was explaining the issues I've had. The reset of course did not resolve my problem either. I have spoken to Customer Service today to raise a complaint. Was then passed to technical support who did yet another test on the line and informed me I have an issue with the network (big shock). Been advised someone will call me within 2-3 working days. I'm doing my absolute best not to be snotty with staff etc because I know it isn't their fault. But I'm just going round in circles here. 

Vito
0 Likes