FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have not received a router for my Fibre 500 connection

tanvesark
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

I have not received a router for my Fibre 500 connection, only got the eero devices. I am getting speeds of upto 100 Mbps and nothing more even though the connection is a Fibre 500 connection.

Openreach engineers mentioned that I need a router/modem between the ONT and eero devices, so I have connected a TP-link router I had with me between the ONT and eero.

Can someone please confirm if I should have received another router along with the eero devices? Or at least what type of router/modem do I need to purchase so that I get speeds better than 100 Mbps?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

ColinK98
Conversation Starter
Message 1 of 3

Karl is correct and the information the OpenReach chap gave while correct was misleading.
The Eero is a router as well as a wireless mesh device.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 3

Hi

With Future fibre 500, only an Eero device is provided and this connects directly to the ONT to serve as a router.

Make sure that any ethernet cables you use from your devices are cat 5e or higher as standard cat 5 cables max out at 100mb.

Also, if the router you are using currently is a little older it may only have 100mb ports rather than 1gb.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes