FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like a reasonable explanation to prices

ifanyonecan
Whizz Kid
Message 12 of 12

Hi Guys

This is getting very frustrating.

My sister moved to Fibre35 26th Jan 2021.

£29 a month for unlimited calls and broadband.

My next door neighbour moved to Fibre65 6th June 2021.

£25 a month for unlimited calls and broadband

Now my sister is going to be paying £31.50 a month for unlimited calls and broadband.

Just looked on Broadbandchoices and it's £27.50 to new customers.

If you need to put prices up to pay for the extra Business use and new customers we are subsidising. (Don't say it's not business use just because people are working from home for someone else's business).

Put in your offers that it will most likely go up after 6 months instead of saying later you can sod off if you don't like it. She is 80 years old and can't cope with changing things.

Sorry about the rant but I do care about other people.

Mark

11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

@MichaelRG wrote:

Dang, I upgraded to Fibre65, as above, in MAY, (I think), but at £27/month.

Maybe could have saved £2/month if I'd waited just one more month 😊  😀

Did you ask them if they could do better than that or did you just accept their first offer?

My own situation is slightly complicated as I contacted retentions a few times in March in response to the price increase announcement and the speed I am able to get etc, but that the end of the day I effectively got Fibre65 for £20 per month including anytime calls boost free for the length of the 24 month contract.

0 Likes

MichaelRG
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 12

"My sister moved to Fibre35 26th Jan 2021.

My next door neighbour moved to Fibre65 6th June 2021.

£25 a month for unlimited calls and broadband"

Dang, I upgraded to Fibre65, as above, in MAY, (I think), but at £27/month.

Maybe could have saved £2/month if I'd waited just one more month 😊  😀

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

@ifanyonecan wrote:

Thought it wasn't to bad as she still had 12 months to go on her old contract. Tried it on my Fibre 150 tonight got it down to £31 with unlimited calls for 24 months. I also had 12 months left. Got the £30 Admin fee waived. So just £1-05 more than the offer I had of £29-95. Phoned 0800 number on offer letter that was £29-95 and they wanted £30 admin fee. I thought it was better a £1-05 a month instead of £30 in one go. Still better than the £35 a month I was paying.

Your sister has a £ 4 reduction instead of a £ 2.50 increase and only a 12 month extension on contract. I think you've done okay. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Thought it wasn't to bad as she still had 12 months to go on her old contract. Tried it on my Fibre 150 tonight got it down to £31 with unlimited calls for 24 months. I also had 12 months left. Got the £30 Admin fee waived. So just £1-05 more than the offer I had of £29-95. Phoned 0800 number on offer letter that was £29-95 and they wanted £30 admin fee. I thought it was better a £1-05 a month instead of £30 in one go. Still better than the £35 a month I was paying.

Message 5 of 12

You should have been able to get better than £25.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12
0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hi Arne

Thanks for looking went to her house this morning and phoned up eventually got to retentions and got the Fibre 65 deal with unlimited calls £25 a month for 24 months took a bit of sorting they tried to offer me £27 plus calls then £25 for 18 months but got it right in the end. Got a TalkTalk flyer this morning showing it's not just for new customers.

Thanks again Mark

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Hi @ifanyonecan

Im really sorry that your sister is affected buy our decision to increase our prices, Its not choice we made lightly, Do you have power of attorney over the account or are you a nominated user so you can deal with the account on her behalf a lot of customers have called us and negotiated a better deal on 03451720046. 

Sorry for any inconvenience caused. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Hi

The idea is good but she is 80 years old and can't deal with things like that. I will have to try and get to her house which is quite a distance away and do it for her.

It's just frustrating putting prices up saying they need the money and at the same time offering new or nearly out of contract customers better deals. I know they have deals but paying £6.50 a month more than my neighbour for less speed is taking the biscuit.

AllyM
Philosopher
Message 10 of 12

@ifanyonecan wrote:

My sister moved to Fibre35 26th Jan 2021.

Now my sister is going to be paying £31.50 a month for unlimited calls and broadband.

@ifanyonecan, If your sister has just recently got the notification of the £2.50 price increase, but doesn't want to switch supplier, then I would suggest that the best thing to do would be for her to phone the loyalty team on 0345 172 0046 to negotiate a better deal (When prompted to state the reason for your call, say "loyalty team" to be put straight through to them). Current opening hours are on this page here: Our update on Coronavirus - TalkTalk Help & Support 

0 Likes

FritzCT
Wise Owl
Message 11 of 12

The price difference is simply to do with the way they market deals at various times. If TT have increased the cost then you have the right to leave without penalty but speak to the retention team. I don't have the number to hand I'm afraid but you should be able to negotiate a better deal.

0 Likes