FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INTERNET DOWN 7DAYS! I NEED OPENREACH ENGINEER TO MY APARTMENT

doctornero
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

Hi,

This is my incredible story. 

I have a Fibre 65 and never had any issue.  On June 14th I had the internet down. 0.20Mbps in download (when the usual is 75Mbps). I chatted with the technical support and they verified an issue on my landline and sent an Openreach engineer. The issue has never been resolved. So I chatted again with the technical support and they sent the Openreach engineer again on June 24th. From this day on, I am not physically speaking connected to the internet. They CUT ME OFF. 

The engineer never showed up at my door and now I have BROADBAND and INTERNET LIGHTS OFF!!!!. I checked every cable and made a hard reset but they are always OFF. I tried even my ASUS Router and there is no internet.

I chatted again with the technical support saying the problem is not the router,  but they said my line is good and I'm internet-connected so, according to the protocol, they cannot send any engineer!!!! (Crazy!) But they replaced my router (!!!). On Saturday 26th I received the WIFI HUB, connected to the line and nothing happened! There is no internet source in my apartment!. Chatted again with them and now they are sending me another router on Tuesday 29th! Unbelievable!

On

14th Internet down 

24th Openreach engineer cut me off the network

26th Received the first router replacement

29th (tomorrow) I will receive the second router replacement

You are making fun of me? I'm an Electrical Engineer and I know how this stuff works.

The problem is in my apartment: Openreach SOCKET not the TalkTalk router. I do not why but there is some disconnection between the SOCKET end the NETWORK or the CABLE BOX (metal enclosure that connects a house or building to the cable provider). 

Now, you are spending hundreds of £ sending back and forward these routers without solving the real problem I said to you many times:  OPENREACH SOCKET. Please get an engineer to my APARTAMENT and I'll prove that I'm right.

I have always tried to be very polite, but working from home without the internet is frustrating!

Enough is enough.

Thanks,

Bruno

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi

All tests are clear and show a router in sync at 79mb, no issues can be seen remotely.

If you have tested 2 routers at the test socket and this is still not working, then the next option is to progress towards an engineer for you.

I'll drop you a PM to confirm some details.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

doctornero
First Timer
Message 2 of 8

Hi Michelle,

Unfortunately, there is no internet. 

These are the router and the lights:

SUPER ROUTER TALKTALK D-Link DSL-3782

Power ON

Broadband OFF

Internet OFF

WIFI Blinking

If I change with the following router

WIFI HUB (SAGECOM) TALKTALK

AMBER LIGHT BLINKING  (NO WHITE)

I have a hard reset, changed the filter, and the cables. 

There is no internet at the source. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which is clear. Can I just confirm, what lights are currently on the router?

Thanks

doctornero
First Timer
Message 4 of 8

Hi martswain,

I have a landline with a phone number but I have no phone in my apartment. I do not need one. In fact, through the Openreach Master Socket 5C I have to use a filter (to separate interned from the phone). And FYI, I have already changed this one to see if there is some relationship between the router and the socket but the answer is no internet. Some broken cable? I changed already and nothing.

I have already removed the faceplate and connected the router directly to the socket through a microfilter. Result? No Internet again.

I have no idea if there are some agencies working in the same cabinets. To my knowledge, I have always seen people from Openreach coming.

Thanks,

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 5 of 8

Is your phone working ?

If you dial 17070 do you get the correct number read back ?

If you have a removable faceplate, take it off and connect to the test socket using a microfilter.

You say "apartment", have any other agencies been working in any communal cabinets ?

doctornero
First Timer
Message 6 of 8

Hi Karl,

Please look at the Community Profile and the custom.profile.phone_number you will find my home phone number.

Thanks,

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 8

Hi

Can you please add your home phone number to your 'Community Profile' so I can pick this up for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE