FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Blacklisted

ECPEstimating
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

Hi,

Newbie to the Community here and looking for some help and advice.

I use 123-Reg to host my business email service and im having trouble with receipients receieve my email traffic in the junk mail folder. I have queriedd this extensively with 123-Reg and received a response last week stating that:-

"While checking your email logs I noticed that this mailbox is used via email client. So the IP of your Internet Service Provider is used.

Some of the IPs you`re using came up as blacklisted which is why you are having issues sending emails:

https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=blacklist%3a94.3.134.184&run=toolpage

https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=blacklist%3a94.3.134.184&run=toolpage

You`ll need to contact your internet service provider so that they can delist the IPs or allocate new ones for you"

Can anyone recommend how i go about getting this sorted please?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi ECPEstimating, pleae let us know how you get on. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

I have no way of accurately knowing why 123-reg have quoted the record for the mail hosting. 

But given that it's not related to your current use of the mail host you must consider that your 123-reg mail hosting may have been compromised and you should change the password. A hacker sending spam detected by Spamhaus would result in the blacklist. 

The Sky IP address is now showing as clean. 

To determine your current public IP address just do a Google search 'what's my ip'

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 7

@Gondola 

Hi Gondola,

Thanks again for your help. However, now I am extremely confused?

Could the link to Sky Broadband be there because i may have used a partners/friends broadband connection to send emails in the past? With me not being a Sky Broadband customer, are you able to help or advise as how to get the IP Address delisted from my email address?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

You can request removal of your current public IP address via the Spamhaus Blocklist Removal Center.

Spamhaus lists the IP address as one in a block allocated to Sky Broadband. 

Message 5 of 7

Thanks Gondola.

As I'm not a TalkTalk Business customer, i will need to try the latter of the options you kindly presented.

Hypothetically, if that solution does not work, what other options may I have to try and clear the blacklisting?

Thanks in advance

ECP Estimating

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi @ECPEstimating 

If you're using TalkTalk Business to provide your broadband service and paying for a static IP address then simply ask Reg123 to set the SPF record to include the sending IP address.

Or ask TTB Support to offer you a different IP address / liaise with Spamhaus to clear the black listing. But if the new sending IP address is not specified in the SPF record then the same issue may arise. 

If using a dynamically generated IP address as is the case with TalkTalk Consumer home broadband then try the process of repowering the home broadband router/hub for 30 minutes in the aim of being allocated an unlisted IP address. 

This process may or may not work. Spamhaus do often blacklist whole ranges of IP addresses.