FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPV6 CONNECTION

Steve2409
Popular Poster
Message 26 of 26

Just bought XBOX One X and changed my Talk Talk package to get the fastest Fibre speed, Connection was dropping. Xbox network setting say I should be on IPV6 rathan IPV4 but dont know if it is yet supported by Talk Talk. Please advise as I have an XBOX One X that keeps dropping connection and I shall be forced to look at another ISP.

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

Message 1 of 26

You've bought an incorrect device.  The smaller plug is for DSL connection and requires a VDSL modem router (or home gateway). What you appear to have purchased is a cable router (or just router).  That is not capable of connsectin to the BT socket at all.  My suggestion would be to get a refund and purchase a home gateway (or stick with the Talktalk router). At the moment, it's pointless buying an ipv6 capable router as Talk talk are still ipv4 and are not showing us any indication as to when they might provide an ipv6 service...

0 Likes

Message 2 of 26

I've bought a new router which supports IPV6 as recommended but can't connect the internet cable into the back of it! The connection coming from the BT box on the wall is a smaller size than the ethernet size socket in the back of the router. I think the smaller plug size is RJ11 going into a RJ45 socket (this doesn't affect my existing TalkTalk router which takes this smaller plug size). I bought an adaptor which has the smaller plug end and a socket I can put an ethernet cable into to allow me to put the other end of the ethernet cable into my router - but it won't acknowledge the connection. Help!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 26

hey steve im a talktalk user myself hes the best advice you can get from someone who knows tecknology instead of amateurs. the reason you cant connect wifi without disconnecting is because talktalk do not support IPv6 at all. even if sent another one of their routers its just gonna end up being the same result the best option for you bud is to just buy your own router thats IPv6 compatible after that you will be fine i had the same result before and changed the router now i dont have a poblem at all with the wifi at home anymore. This is the router I bought and IPv6 ready https://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-AC1750-Dualband-Zertifiziert-General%C3%BCberholt/dp/B00BUSDVBQ/ref...

0 Likes

Message 4 of 26

Hi spike6511,

Please can you create your own thread and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 26

Hi, thanks for tthe information, I am using the said router you hav talked about and you reckon that this needs an firmware update.. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 26

Hi

A different router is on the way to see if this gives better wifi coverage.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 7 of 26

Thanks Karl,I have mentioned time and time again that the WiFi keeps dropping. I have a Desktop using an ethernet cable into the router and the speed on that is fine. I have an Xbox, Now tv box, and phone on wifi and when the Wifi goes they all go. It only goes off for a few minutes but I have to mess around with resetting router or changing the channel on my network. 

If you think that a different router will solve it then yes I would like a different router.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 26

Hi Steve2409

line is in sync at 80mb with no errors showing.  Are the drops mostly affecting Wifi ?

Would you like to try a different model router ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 9 of 26

Had just about enough now, why am I paying £35 pounds a month for such shoddy service. Just been on the phone to talk talk for 14mins and got cut off, fed up now I will change my provider. VERY DISAPPOINTED TALK TALK. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 26

I know exactly how you feel. HG633 awful Wi-Fi. I suffered all your issues re Xbox too, and losing 5ghz. The router update to v1.22.1t was meant to solve it- but didn’t. I tried all the fixes recommended on here re changing channels, etc on router, still same issues.

I just turned Wi-Fi off on the TalkTalk router and use an old Apple AirPort Extreme for Wi-Fi routing. Solid and fast connection-  10mbps faster. 

You’ll just go in circles on this forum, as they'll never admit how poor the supplied equipment is. I’d recommend cutting your losses and getting a different router.

PS I noticed there’s still no clarity re IPV 6.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 26
Right was OK for a while and now its happening again almost every 5 mins. I now have to use my PC because everything else is WIFI. Tried changing channels multiple times and rebooted router, WI-FI keeps on dropping. Phoned Talk-Talk several times and the last time somebody updated the firmware in my router(even though somebody on here said I had the latest Firmware). I am at a loss and unless it is sorted I am probably going to have to go to another provider.
0 Likes

Message 12 of 26

Hi Steve2409,

I'm sorry to hear this. Just to confirm, did you try a few different wireless channels to see how the connection compares? Do you have an alternative router that you could test with to see how it compares?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 26

ok after a couple of days of testing, ran speed test on my desktop and getting 74mbs/18mbs but xbox 1 x the wifi keeps dropping. I have a Now tv box as well and it is dropping also. pc is ethernet connection but every thing else is wifi??

Steve

0 Likes

Message 14 of 26

Hi Steve

Thank you, please let us know how you get on.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 15 of 26

Thanks Debbie, I will have a look when I get home from work.

Steve

0 Likes

Message 16 of 26

Hi Steve

In regards to changing the wireless channels, please see the below help page for further information.

How do I change my wireless channel

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 17 of 26

Hi Michelle, Have not changed channels because I dont know how to on talk talk I knew how to on Virgin but it seems to be a bit more complicated on Talk Talk.

Wired connection is fine.

Steve

0 Likes

Message 18 of 26

Hi Steve2409,

Have you recently tried a few different wireless channels to see how the connection compares? Does the wired connection seem stable?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 19 of 26

Hi Chris, noticed wifi connection is really bad lately. Xbox is WiFi, desktop is ethernet cable. 

0 Likes

Message 20 of 26

Hi Steve2409,

You're router has the latest firmware version. 

How does you xbox connect to your router, Ethernet cable or Wifi?

Does your internet connection seem stable except for the xbox issue?

Chris

0 Likes