FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPV6 CONNECTION

Steve2409
Popular Poster
Message 26 of 26

Just bought XBOX One X and changed my Talk Talk package to get the fastest Fibre speed, Connection was dropping. Xbox network setting say I should be on IPV6 rathan IPV4 but dont know if it is yet supported by Talk Talk. Please advise as I have an XBOX One X that keeps dropping connection and I shall be forced to look at another ISP.

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

Message 21 of 26
Thank you, I have done that. Hope to get a firmware update soon.
0 Likes

Message 22 of 26

Thanks..  Back in April...and no further news.  Glacial speed!

0 Likes

Message 23 of 26

Hi @charlesb224

The definitive answer was given by CharlesB. Further information was promised in due course.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 24 of 26

@Gondola wrote:

The TalkTalk network is IPV6 ready but not everything is in place to use IPV6 yet. 

Hey @Gondola,

When you say it's IPV6 ready... what do you mean?  There have been multiple threads (including one I started at the beginning of the year) asking TT what the status is...with no response.

What insight do you have....is there a timeline for implementation?  Will there be a trial?

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 25 of 26

Hi Steve

I've drawn this topic to the attention of the TalkTalk Community support team of OCE's and they'll respond to you right here to help you.  If you have an HG633 router it'll benefit from a firmware update that the OCE's can push out to you.

You may have already done this bit but ensure your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your landline phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and save changes. The Community support OCE's will then be able to link this topic to your TalkTalk service account.

Leave your router powered and connected to the line until you hear from the OCE's.  They'll check the line performance and the router and will have options to discuss with you including escalation to Openreach if a fault is present or just a firmware update that'll fix the connection dropping issue when you use the XBox.

The TalkTalk network is IPV6 ready but not everything is in place to use IPV6 yet. An IPV4 network will give you just as good an experience despite Microsoft's continued promotion. But first things first, let's get the XBox issue fixed with the router update.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes