Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

IPv6 availability

ANSWERED
stoatgobbler
Super Duper Contributor

The hint being that OUTSIDE of these fora, TT have already and repeatedly given official statements to customers that they have NO PLANS WHATSOEVER to provide IPv6 for customers "in the forseeable future"

One of these things is not like the other - and the non-answer in post 6 is just that - a PR-tainted non-answer with zero committment, promises or timeframes - the same non-answer that's been given for over a decade

"OK, now you need to reboot your computer. .... Um, sir, please stop kicking it."
www.deadtroll.com/index2.html?/video/helldeskcable.html~content
ferguson
Community Star

The hint being that TalkTalk will adapt as and when necessary. There would be widespread clamour, indeed outrage if TalkTalk customers were unable to access the internet. I see no evidence of that. I have however flagged this up so that they can provide an update.

stoatgobbler
Super Duper Contributor

TalkTalk are the last major ISP in the UK not providing IPv6 - and if you're posting AS STAFF then you should say so and cite your sources

Mine are from Talktalk legal, on TalkTalk letterhead, made to a TalkTalk reseller, where amongst other things they emphatically deny ever saying they have plans for customer facing IPv6, in contrast to the misleading statements on these forums

Furthermore , TT legal disclaimed that any such statements had been made and when shown evidence of the staff postings, denied they were made on behalf of the company or represented official company policy in any way shape or form

The word "Disingenuity" springs to mind

"OK, now you need to reboot your computer. .... Um, sir, please stop kicking it."
www.deadtroll.com/index2.html?/video/helldeskcable.html~content
ferguson
Community Star

I am not "staff" as you well know. That is why I said I flagged it up. Your constant spamming as a non customer is not helping anyone. So I am closing this thread pending a "staff" reply. Any further posts on the subject will be removed. 

OCE_Michelle
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi,

I'm sorry for the delay. The update which we provided previously is still up to date and is our current position on this topic.

Thanks

Phillshore
First Timer
Is ipv6 available yet?
Phillshore
First Timer
Is ipv6 available yet? Before I renew my contract I need to know if I can get it please?
Stannaz
First Timer
Move to BT
BrianG61UK
Popular Poster

or to Zen or Sky or....

mcoms
First Timer

I've created an "Idea" to track IPv6 — perhaps if we all "like" it, that might at least show strength in numbers? 🤷‍♂️

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Your-Ideas/Provide-an-IPv6-connection-for-residential-customers/...

Abadir
First Timer

It is now going on two years since TalkTalk made a statement about this. Would they care to provide an update?