FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS MY ISP CAPPING MY SPEED 37MB DOWN LOAD

hood128
Enlightened One
Message 13 of 13

ive just been on bt web site says my area were i live i can get speeds of 65mb if i go with bt but ive been with tt for over 20 years odd and my speed been only able to get 37 mb top speed so how come if i leave tt to go to bt that my speed will jump from 37mb to 65mb but tt must be capping my speed as goes no more than 37mb ???? is there any way i can test if im capped as seems like tt have stpped my speed but if i change to day for bt they say ill get 65mb both on same exchange cabnet im with now ?????

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi hood128,

I've replied on your other thread

Chris

martswain
Philosopher
Message 2 of 13

@hood128  the staff member posted on your other topic !

Please wait for replies THERE and stop posting here, it just gets confusing for everybody.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

any news on my land line still off

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 4 of 13

@hood128  you've just posted in your PHONE topic that the internet is fine.

Suggest you post there until it is fixed.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

just says fibre so must be fibre 35 my land line still off as well

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Hi hood128,

I've just replied on your other thread, line test is picking up a fault so I've logged this out to Openreach for investigation

Chris

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 7 of 13

That would be this post, @hood128:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Home-Phone/SAY-CHECK-PHONE-LINE-ALL-MY-PHNES-OFF-TODAY/m-p/28483...

You posted that just yesterday evening. Staff couldn't possibly have reached it before this morning. 

They respond sometimes very early, daytime Monday to Friday. 

You posted again on there this morning, which tends to delay the topic's progress in the queue for attention. Best to just wait for staff to reach that one now before posting again, so that you don't knock it back.

They will help as soon as they get to it, so keep an eye out for their response. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

hood128
Enlightened One
Message 8 of 13

now my phone line not working what is wrong with tt all my phones in house say check line internet ok but i cant ring out plus any one can ring me but phone dose not ring this is 3 days now ive said in phone bit but no one helping need phone line went like this last year was over 2 weeks till tt fixed it there side says on my phones in house check line said that last year was over 2 weeks with out a landline

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Thanks for the information, I can see that martswain has pointed you in the right direction 🙂

Chris

martswain
Philosopher
Message 10 of 13

@hood128  you are on an older package which is now renamed Fibre 35 with maximum speed capped at 40/10, however you are getting what you are paying for.

If the Fibre 65 package is available that cap will be removed and the maximum theoretical speed will be 80/20.

Check in your online account under Offers and Upgrades.

What you actually receive will depend on the length of your line to the fibre cabinet and you should be given an estimated speed range and minimum guaranteed speed when you upgrade.

Suggest you call 0345 172 0046 or use Live Chat and get those speed estimates before upgrading and make sure they do not add any extras or fees if you go ahead.

Go armed with the best price for Fibre 65 from comparison sites !

hood128
Enlightened One
Message 11 of 13

Faster Fibre

24 months
Current monthly package cost (excl. boosts and extras):
£29.95 £22.95

£7.00 Discount for 24 Months - Faster ends on 19 Mar 2022

Contract end date:
19 Mar 2022
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 12 of 13

Hi hood128,

Which service do you have with us, are you on Fibre 65?

Chris

0 Likes