FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation

Steve125
First Timer
Message 10 of 10

I received a text this morning saying no engineer will need to call for my new installation on 27th May, 2 minutes later I received another text saying an engineer will be calling. How do I know which one is right?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi Steve125

Its exactly as Skynet has outlined.  When the order was placed a test will have been carried out indicating no engineer required, but once its accepted, a further test will have been carried out which may have returned a different result, triggering the engineer required SMS. 

We do always request that someone is at the property  on go live day so if the engineer does need to visit they can attend. 

Sorry for any confusion.

Message 2 of 10

OK, thank you.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 3 of 10

Ok, so it will very much depend on if Openreach think the master socket is live. The socket that the phone line that comes into your home goes to first is the master socket, presumably the other socket is then just an extension that is wired from the master socket.

When the Openreach engineer goes to the street cabinet to connect your line to the TalkTalk service they should run a check on the line to make sure it has a live connection to your master socket, if that check comes back fine then the engineer should not need to visit your home, if that check fails the engineer would come to your home to check your master socket. If the records Openreach have indicate that you don't have a working master socket then this may be why they have said they will come to your home.

The team here may be able to provide more info tomorrow on which text message you should believe !

Message 4 of 10

I have 2 Openreach sockets, I don't know whether they're working or not, they've not been in use for a long time.

I found my TalkTalk number in My Account and have now updated my community profile with it.

Message 5 of 10

I posted that in the Future Fibre board by mistake. It is the Fibre 35 service I have subscribed to.

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 6 of 10

I just spotted that you had also posted this on the 'Future Fibre' board, can I just confirm, is the Fibre 35 service that you have subscribed to the regular service that comes down your existing phone line, or a new 'Full Fibre' service ?

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 7 of 10

Ok, with Fibre 35 or 65 then if you already have a working Openreach master phone socket in your home then an engineer visit is not normally required. The engineer would normally just have to go to the street cabinet to connect your line and that would be it.

If you can log into the 'My Account' site then your phone number may well be shown there at the top of the screen, the support team here would need to know that to identify your account. Or if you have your account number you could add that into the 'private notes' section in the community profile, as they could also identify you from that.

Message 8 of 10

Hi @Skynet_TX

Thank you for your reply. I've subscibed to Fibre 35.

I've updated my community profile to include the details you requested, except for TalkTalk landline number which I haven't yet received.

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

Hi @Steve125,

What TalkTalk package have you subscribed to (e.g. Fibre 35 / Fibre 65 etc.)

For one of the TalkTalk Support Team on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is to be provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk Support Team on this community can see your profile details).

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.