FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Internet Connection

herbm
Popular Poster
Message 14 of 14

Hi,

We upgraded to Fibre 150 a couple of weeks ago having previously been with TalkTalk. Following the upgrade the internet connection has been intermittent and we are experiencing multiple daily drops in connection which can last for hours. I have run a live connection test which states that there is a suspected issue with the broadband and that a line test is required. When TalkTalk carried out the line test I received a text saying that everything is working as it should be however we are still experiencing drops in connection.

The current set up is a g.Fast MT992 modem and a Sagemcom 5364 router.

Can you please look into this for me.

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14
0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

OK thanks, I will let you know.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Hi herbm,

I've booked the engineer for September 09 2021, AM (8:00-13:00) - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Chris,

Yes I accept the potential charges. I can be available at any time AM or PM.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Hi herbm,

It will be an Openreach engineer, if you'd like us to go ahead with the engineer vsiit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges

• Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Chris,

Yes I think that we need a visit, would this be with Openreach? Would there be a charge for the visit? This is something that has only been an issue since we upgraded from Fibre 65 to Fibre 150.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

OK thanks. To investigate further we'll need to arrange an engineer visit, if you'd like us to do this please let us know and we'll confirm some details

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Chris,

We don't have a phone so I can't say unfortunately.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Hi herbm,

Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

Hi,

I have received and installed the new wifi router however we have still been experiencing drops in service throughout the last month. Can you please advise on next steps to try to resolve this issue?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

Hi herbm

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

If the fault is still present with the replacement router then the next step will be to arrange an Openreach engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 12 of 14

Debbie,

I think the issue is with the modem losing connection rather than the router, however if you think a replacement router would help then I am happy for you to send one out.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 13 of 14

Hi herbm

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults but I can see re connections on the line.

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing so we can rule this out?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes