FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent daily broadband connection drops.

MrAzu
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

My broadband keeps dropping. When it reconnects, it is fine and I get the speeds I want. When I run a service check, I always get the result that everything is fine. Broadband continues to drop at random times of the day, daily and after doing the same checks, I am told everything is fine. This seems to occur more since I upgraded my broadband to get 150 fibre speeds with the help of a new white Openreach modem to go with my router. Could the problem lie with my new modem being faulty? Or might I have faulty wires? It’s too hard to tell but these constant drops are getting frustrating for the whole household! I am also past the 2 week stabilisation period.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi MrAzu

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

If the connection continues to drop then the next step will be to arrange an Openreach engineer visit to take a look at the Openreach modem.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 2 of 5

Yes please if it helps. However, I am not sure if it is the TalkTalk router itself or the new openreach modem. Sometimes the internet would drop out before I upgraded but not as often as it does now. Sometimes I get good days of no drops then sometimes days where it keeps dropping throughout the day.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Hi MrAzu

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults but I can see re connections on the line.

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing so we can rule this out first?

Thanks

Debbie

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Staff will be back on Monday to investigate, @MrAzu.

Your thread is in the queue for attention. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.