Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Intermittent fibre connection

6 REPLIES 6
Asb1006
First Timer

I am having issues with my fibre connection over the last week or so, the signal drops at least 5 times per hour and I cannot access the Internet, running a line test states no problems with the line.  I have reset my router numerous times but still no improvement and not helpful when I am working from home.

ferguson
Community Star

Is it the actual broadband connection dropping, or wireless? 

Asb1006
First Timer

It still shows connected but with no internet, the light on the router starts flashing orange, then orange and white and eventually a solid white

ferguson
Community Star

OK, thanks, that does indicate a drop in connection. Have you tried connecting your router at the test socket?

Asb1006
First Timer
Hi, I only have 1 socket in my flat and I don't have a landline phone so there is only the router connected
ferguson
Community Star

OK, but it probably has a test socket, have a look here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Your-guide-to-main-phone-sockets/ta-p/2205432 

Connect your router at the test socket with a plugin microfilter and see if things improve.

Subject to that wait for a response from the support team here, they should pick this up within the next day or two. 

OCE_Michelle
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Asb1006,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which has detected a possible fault. Just to confirm, does your master socket have a test socket? Is the voice service also affected? Is there any noise on the line?

Thanks