FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent fibre connection

Asb1006
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

I am having issues with my fibre connection over the last week or so, the signal drops at least 5 times per hour and I cannot access the Internet, running a line test states no problems with the line.  I have reset my router numerous times but still no improvement and not helpful when I am working from home.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 7

Hi Asb1006,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which has detected a possible fault. Just to confirm, does your master socket have a test socket? Is the voice service also affected? Is there any noise on the line?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

OK, but it probably has a test socket, have a look here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Your-guide-to-main-phone-sockets/ta-p/2205432 

Connect your router at the test socket with a plugin microfilter and see if things improve.

Subject to that wait for a response from the support team here, they should pick this up within the next day or two. 

Message 3 of 7
Hi, I only have 1 socket in my flat and I don't have a landline phone so there is only the router connected
0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

OK, thanks, that does indicate a drop in connection. Have you tried connecting your router at the test socket?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

It still shows connected but with no internet, the light on the router starts flashing orange, then orange and white and eventually a solid white

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Is it the actual broadband connection dropping, or wireless? 

0 Likes