FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent speed dropping and loss of connection

musntgrumble
Chatterbox
Message 6 of 6

I'm currently on Fast Fibre and have been having issues with the internet speed dropping intermittently to nearly zero. Sometimes it loses connection completely then comes back after a short period. The speeds I'm getting are no where near the 64.8mbs promised as well. This is causing real issues as we are both working from home and rely totally on the internet to connect to work. We did have an engineer visit last month to look at the connection etc. and it appeared initially to solve the issue but its back again. I have tried the 'chat' but they just go through the same motions on checking the line and asking questions that the engineer would know because he has visited our house. The talktalk router is left on 24/7, when we switch it off and on again it solves the problem for a while. 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 6

Hi musntgrumble,

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks 🙂

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

many thanks 

Message 3 of 6

Hi musntgrumble

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults but I can see re connections on the line.

I have ordered you a replacement router, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

thanks for the advice. I've have tried the Service Center. 

0 Likes

Ste_Nix14
Community Star
Message 5 of 6
An OCE should pick this up within Office hours, in the meantime could you ensure your profile is filled out with your details such as Hme phone number this will help them find your account.

Have you tried running a Line test in Service Centre?
Steve -
Have you tried turning it off and on again!