FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Constantly Going Down in S35 Postcode Area

nstewart69
Chatterbox
Message 8 of 8

Debbie, our internet signal and many others in our postcode area of S35 (Chapeltown and High Green), keep losing our internet signal 2-3 times a day.  This is not an isolated incident and in the end last night I set up a Fb thread to ask people to let me know when it went down.  Low and behold, last night (Tuesday) it went down at 19.20, and I got 84 posts from people who had the same issue, all TT customers, all in the Chapeltown and Ecclesfield postcode areas, all at the same time including my son who lives in another part of Chapeltown.  I rang support, but they had gone home. I had rung TT support 4 times in the last week for exactly the same issue and got the usual run around - check the line, all ok, (well it would be when its connected), run some tests, all ok (well it would be when its connected), so there isn't a problem.  On the fourth occasion I asked to speak to a supervisor - point blank refused, too busy she said !!!  So today I got hold of another person in the S African call centre who actually did some good.  Yes he went through line checks but at least appreciated the scale of the problem.  He's organised an engineer to come tonight, raised a Complaint (CMP 182490) and I also spoke to the Complaints Manager in addition, albeit in SA in order to ensure this issue is not lost.  Once the engineer has been hopefully this issue will move on to the Exchange to engage Openreach, as that is where the problem is, not my house, nor the other 84+ TT customers who have the same problem.  You may wish to look in to this as my next step is to raise this with the Ombudsman to look in to.

Redstyke
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi nstewart69

Has this been working ok since your last post?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

JoeyGrey
First Timer
Message 2 of 8

Thanks nstewart for taking this up on your own and our behalf.  As a fellow S35er, we are desperate to get this issue resolved.  With 3 of us working from home and on Teams/Zoom calls, we really do need an internet service that is reliable and consistent.   We have been counting down the months until we can get out of our contract, but obviously a resolution with the service we have and pay for would be much more preferable.  Fingers crossed for an OpenReach engineer who knows his/her stuff.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

And he turned up and identified the problem the the Openreach Authorisation Name held at the Exchange in Ecclesfield.  I did mention Ombudsman several times when I raised the Complaint tbh.  Hey ho, it worked.

Redstyke
0 Likes

nstewart69
Chatterbox
Message 4 of 8

Wednesday 10th Nov - 19.10. Ok TT engineer been, who was very knowledgeable, and as expected found nothing wrong at this end. What he could confirm was when the internet went down and indeed it went again for a few minutes at 18.37, while he was here. He said that the problem is an Openreach issue with Authorisation Names used at the Ecclesfield Exchange failing to connect to the Internet. Phones and Routers will continue to work but the connection to the Internet when the Authorisation Name is not authorised means the internet fails, until it finally connects and then comes back. He said this explains why so many people are affected and it appears to be Chapeltown and Ecclesfield only, as High Green have their own Exchange apparently. Hope this makes sense, and tomorrow see's Openreach engaged to resolve the issue for all those encountering this problem in Chapeltown and Ecclesfield

Redstyke

bigkenny
Enlightened One
Message 5 of 8

and the Ombudsman will do not one thing!

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 6 of 8

@nstewart69  engineer appointments normally take days to arrange, getting one the same evening is virtually unheard of.

Best of luck !

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

Hi @nstewart69,

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.