FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Disconnecting Each Morning

Cr4zE
Chatterbox
Message 6 of 6

Hi all,

I seem to have an issue at the moment where all my devices are disconnected overnight. This is regardless of if the device is wireless or wired. When I try to use a wired device, I get a message around DNS being an issue. 

The light on my router stays white, there's no apparent issue.

Once I reset my router, everything goes back to normal, but I'd much rather not need to have to reset my router each morning!

Any help would be great,

Thanks!

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hey Karl,

thanks for letting me know. I've swapped the DNS server now, so fingers crossed! 

Thanks for your help!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi

A new firmware is currently rolling out to the Sagemcom router and one of the issues addressed is to correct the small number of routers that have seen this DNS error.

Whilst waiting for the firmware update, can you log into the router and chage the DNS to google - 8.8.8.8  &  8.8.4.4  and see if this helps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Hey Michelle

I believe it's just the standard TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub.

Admin side I've got a version of SG4K10002816t if that helps?

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm which router you are currently using (make and model) as I can't connect to your router at the moment to check this?

Thanks

0 Likes