FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Drops But Hub Indicator White

ravimendis
Participant
Message 7 of 7

Hi,

I've had 16 disconnects in the last 24hrs, most in the last hour!

I posted a thread on this forum not so long ago. Staff kindly sent me a replacement router Sagecom SG4K100130 but I don't think it resolved the problem.

I've attached the most recent Internet connection log from the Internet Connection Monitor plugin for Chrome/Edge.

I have since noticed that when the web/'net disconnects happen the hub light is still white. Also I haven't noticed any disruption to streaming and possibly(?) online gaming. It's just the web browser.

Thanks,

Ravi

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Ravi

Thanks for your reply.

I can see that regular interference has been observed on the line test, is your router located near to any devices that could cause any interference?

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi Michelle,

One disconnect in the last 24hrs. (See attached log).

But when the disconnects happen they seem to happen consecutively causing quite a disruption.

Thanks,

Ravi

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. The newer version of firmware for the Sagemcom router should resolve this particular issue. How long has this router been connected for? I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault. How often is this happening at the moment?

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 4 of 7

Ok, just wanted to check if Wi-Fi interference might be the cause. But if gaming is working ok on the same PC that is having issues with browsing, then that would suggest the actual Wi-Fi connection to that PC is ok (assuming the type of gaming you are doing needs a permanent internet connection for it to work).

The staff on this community won't be around until Monday now, so you may get faster support by using the live chat or calling customer services on 0345 172 0088 over the weekend, however the staff here should respond to this topic early next week to help if you are still having issues.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Hi,

Streaming is on PS4 wired; gaming is on PC wireless. Web browsing is also on the (same) PC wireless.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Ravi

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi @ravimendis,

When you say streaming and gaming is ok, but browsing has an issue, do you mean those are all happening on the same device, or is it on different devices ?

Are the devices connected 'wired' or 'wireless' ?

0 Likes