FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Intermittently drops connection throughout the day

Roger Strotz
First Timer
Message 11 of 11

Hello Talk Talk team - need help. 

For last few months, internet intermittently drops out a few times each day, can be for a few seconds or seen up to 10mins - not device dependent. 

My assumption is that this is potentially a fault with the router and may need replacing. 

Please advise 

Thanks. 

Roger Strotz
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11
0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Hello Debbie, 

Thank you for organizing this and so promptly/ 

Will feedback on the change of performance.

Roger 

Roger Strotz

Message 3 of 11

Hi Roger

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Hello Debbie, 

Yes please! Thank you. 

Roger 

Roger Strotz

Message 5 of 11

Hi Roger

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults. Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Apologies to the original poster for high jacking their post (I'll not post anything further) but I checked for a notification of a reply to my post and it only had new 'badges' listed. A notification of the reply on Friday would have been much more useful!

Message 7 of 11

@Davepeo, you received a reply on Friday which you need to respond to. 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre-Broadband/New-Router-When-Upgrading/m-p/2695045#M309080

Please do not post on another customer's thread, when they are waiting in the queue for attention too.

Staff will only respond to the original poster. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

I have exactly the same issue and followed the same instruction to update my profile and someone will contact me. I've not heard anything since...

I have earned some lovely 'badges' for posting in the forum but would have preferred to have a response to my enquiry.

Apologies for jumping on your post but my internet has gone off twice so far this morning and needed to vent!

0 Likes

Message 9 of 11

@Gliwmaeden2  thank you for advising me of this. Updated my details. 

Will now await further contact from the staff.

Roger 

Roger Strotz

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 10 of 11

For help from staff on the forum, @Roger Strotz, you need to complete your community forum profile details, so that they can identify your account. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard; make sure you put in your Talktalk landline phone number and a fallback mobile phone number; click finish to save. 

Staff are catching up on the backlog from the weekend  - it can take a day or two to get a reply. 

If you need more immediate help, try Chat. Scroll down on this page to find the link:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.