FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Stops Working Midnight to 1am

Trystrem
Team Player
Message 128 of 128

Hi there,

live in the Milton Keynes area. I have an issue that the internet stop working from midnight till 1am almost every night. Any help?

thanks

127 REPLIES 127

Message 121 of 128

Hi Trystrem,

Ok thanks for the additional information. Is it always exactly at midnight? Do you have any devices set on a timer to come on/off at this time? Do you experience any issues with the voice service at the same time such as no dial tone?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 122 of 128
I have no Ethernet devices. And the confirm it is not WiFi interference as I can still access the admin page at 192.168 etc.

Also the lights do not change and in the status of the router it says the router is connected.
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 123 of 128

Hi Trystrem,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and the connection looks stable. Do any of the lights change on the router when the connection stops working?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 124 of 128

Have you got any device that you can connect to the router using the supplied Ethernet cable?  Just to rule out an interference issue with the Wi-Fi connection to the router.

When the time comes that the Internet connection disappears what is the status of the router leds?

And what does the sync speed of the router report?

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 125 of 128
Edit.

I’ve updated my info for you
0 Likes

Message 126 of 128
Thanks. I’ve tried this and it just says my connection is fine. But no devices can access the internet till 1.01am...
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 127 of 128

Hi @Trystrem 

Try carrying out a Service Status Health Check.

• Select Support from the grey header toolbar
  • Select Service Status from the drop-down list
  • When the Service Status Health Check completes you'll see a summary screen
  • If the network has recorded any loss of service incidents then there should be a report of those outages.

Please ensure your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your name, address, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and save changes. The TalkTalk Community Team OCE will then be able to link to your TalkTalk service account.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes