FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Stops Working Midnight to 1am

Trystrem
Team Player
Message 128 of 128

Hi there,

live in the Milton Keynes area. I have an issue that the internet stop working from midnight till 1am almost every night. Any help?

thanks

127 REPLIES 127

Message 81 of 128
Thanks, will do
0 Likes

Message 82 of 128

Hi

My post was in answer to Trystrem, but if any customer affected could post a traceroute that would be helpful.  I would advise to run a traceroute during the day when things are fine, then run one when the connection fails for comparison.  Details of how to run can be found : 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Run-a-Ping-or-Traceroute/ta-p/2205368

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 83 of 128

Hi @Karl-TalkTalk 

Not sure if your questions are address to me ?

However, will respond as follows....

Yes, I have had performance logs reviewed and analysed during the "dropout" period and there appeared to be no problem with my signal even though all my devices became "un-connected".

I have no wired devices

I have been supplied with and tested a new replacement router (it made no difference)

Happy to run a ping and trace route if you advise how this should be done (I'm not very techie savvy I'm afraid !)

The fact that different people around the country are experiencing this issue suggests that the solution is not a "localised" one ?

Cheers

Paul.

0 Likes

Message 84 of 128

Hi

This is a difficult issue to pin down. All the usual line tests are clear and do not detect a fault.  all the network levels look fine with all voltage and resistance levels across the circuit exactly where they should be with no fluctuations visible.  There are no errors showing on the circuit, and checking the Openreach Yukon (DLM) logs at those times also shows no increase in errors.

Have you taken a look at the logs within the router at the times of the disconnection, do these show anything ?

Also, looking at your router remotely, I'm showing that memory and CPU utilisation are very high so I have a replacement Hub on the way just so we can take that out of the equation.

When the connection is lost do you have a wired device connected, and would you be able to run a ping and trace route and post the results of these.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 85 of 128

So not a unique issue. 

Talk talk - why are you doing to resolve the issue?

its every Sunday midnight till 1am. Every Sunday. 

Dustym
Conversation Starter
Message 86 of 128
I have the same problem ! Only happens to me midnight Sunday for exactly 1 hour and has been going on for weeks. I have a thread here hoping for some help.......... no solution as yet
0 Likes

Message 87 of 128

Hi @Dpalmer

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you create a new thread we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 88 of 128

I live in north Devon and have exactly the same issue. Cuts off at midnight and comes back at 1am! Read the whole thread. Saying I have internet and WiFi is working fine but not a single device can connect to it. It’s very frustrating! 

Message 89 of 128

I live in north Devon and have exactly the same issue. Cuts off at midnight and comes back at 1am! Read the whole thread. Saying I have internet and WiFi is working fine but not a single device can connect to it. It’s very frustrating! 

Message 90 of 128

Hi Trystrem

Apologies for this.

Please can you let me know the recent dates and times that this has happened and I will ask our Network Team to check this again.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 91 of 128

Tried this again. Internet still not working at specified times. Seems to be every Sunday night. I’ve spoken to other people on my estate and they’ve left talk talk and gone to BT who have had the issue fixed at the exchange. Can someone look into this? How can I proceed?

0 Likes

Message 92 of 128

Hi Trystrem,

Our Network Team have advised that all the line tests haven't detected a fault and they can't see this specific drop in connection at this time. They have asked if you can turn the router off for a full 30 minutes and then retest this again.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 93 of 128

Hi Trystrem,

I've requested an update from our Network Team now and I'll let you know as soon as we receive an update back.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 94 of 128
I’m not up at midnight all the time so I’m unsure
0 Likes

Message 95 of 128

Hi Trystrem,

How has it been up until last night

Chris

0 Likes

Message 96 of 128
Bumping as just stopped working again!
0 Likes

Message 97 of 128

Hi Trystrem,

I've passed this over to our network team, can you bump the thread tomorrow and we'll check for updates

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 98 of 128
Connection has still dropped again...same time. I’m honestly not convinced that your line check works
0 Likes

Message 99 of 128

Following this as I am having the same issue with the Internet connection between 12-1am.

No ethernet device to check, full green lights, dial tone. 

Web pages say "Err connection reset" and phone says "connected, no Internet"

Shuts off half way through watching catch up TV. Same across devices. If not resolved I'll have to bill you the cost of mobile phone Internet bolt ons because I am not paying for fiber broadband and have a poor service from you. 

0 Likes

Message 100 of 128

Following this as I am having the same issue with the Internet connection between 12-1am.

No ethernet device to check, full green lights, dial tone. 

Web pages say "Err connection reset" and phone says "connected, no Internet"

Shuts off half way through watching catch up TV. Same across 

0 Likes