FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Stops Working Midnight to 1am

Trystrem
Team Player
Message 128 of 128

Hi there,

live in the Milton Keynes area. I have an issue that the internet stop working from midnight till 1am almost every night. Any help?

thanks

127 REPLIES 127

Message 1 of 128

@Alex_Sydenham 

Check the settings referred to in post #124

0 Likes

Message 2 of 128

I'm having the same issue. This has been happening for months, it's finally gotten to the point where I need to pursue a resolution. Could someone please advise on the issue and how to fix it?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 128
Sorry just seen the above post on homesense and logged in and switched it off!! Nice one

Though tech support need a knowledge base article creating for them as they haven’t got a clue !!
Tim
0 Likes

Message 4 of 128

I have this exact issue and the service check doesn’t find any issues 

any advice? 

I called up customer support and tech support on several occasions and they are clueless 

any help greatly appreciated

Tim
0 Likes

Message 5 of 128
This has to do with the default Homework settings .. 

you can switch this off by:

Log onto your  account 
Go to 'My services'
Select view home safe settings 

switch ‘homework time’ to off 

Simples 
0 Likes

Teddy F
First Timer
Message 6 of 128

This has to do with the default Homework settings .. 

you can switch this off by:

Log onto your  account 

Go to 'My services'

Select view home safe settings 

switch ‘homework time’ to off 

Simples 

Message 7 of 128

Hello,

I’m having exactly the same issue the other’s have explained.

I’m in Leeds and every Sunday the Internet is down exactly between 12:00am and 1:00am. Router light is white (connected) however every device connected to the router has no internet.

The fix whatever that was has not resolved the issue. Could it be that the fix must be applied to my area too ?

0 Likes

Olivia wileman
First Timer
Message 8 of 128

Hi - I also have been having the same issue internet goes down between 12 and 1am - been happening for months. Did anyone get this resolved? 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 128

Same issue here in East Sussex, though my disconnection lasts around 5-10 minutes each time, it's always between 12 and 1 am. Interestingly I had this exact issue when I was with talktalk on a non fibre line some years ago, like 10 years ago, before switching to plusnet and coming back, now the same problem with fibre. With non-fibre you could set your clock by it disconnecting around 1.30am and the phone would be dead for the duration too. The phone has a dialtone now presumably due to seperate lines. Have tried 2 different routers everything plugged in as it should be etc. What's the best action for this issue, make your own post each time?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 128

Hi Nadiaserv 

I don't believe a fault has been found that's the same for everybody in this thread.

I'm sure the usual things have been covered. Making sure the time setting on each device and the router is correct. Checking for scheduled things happening exactly at midnight like scheduled scans or uploads or updates. Keeping a log may help.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 11 of 128

@Gondola 

Hello, I’ve done all the things you mentioned between midnight and 1am, the tests were successful (during the breakdown) and yet the problem persists. It’s been such a long time since this thread started. I’ve posted a reply in this thread and nobody from talktalk has got back to me. I’m also unable to reach talktalk customer service due to covid-19. Could you please advise? Thank you, Nadia

0 Likes

Message 12 of 128

This Sunday Midnight to 1am fault seems to be happening regularly to me too. 

Any chance you can take a look at my Part of the network too? WR11. 

cheers. 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 128

This Midnight to 1am fault seems to be happening regularly to me too. 

Any chance you can take a look at my Part of the network too? WR11. 

cheers. 

0 Likes

nickyork
First Timer
Message 14 of 128

happens to me here in York -  has done every sunday night at mignight until 1am monday morning  -  every week since I moved to talktalk ufo.   I have read all of this thread :

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Internet-Stops-Working-Midnight-to-1am/td-p/2303...

seems a common issue and i would like a swift resolution othewise i shall cancel talktalk  and move back to virgin media.

I connect to the router with ethernet cable - so not a wifi problem.  

I have tried pings - which all come back ok,  even though I cannot access the websites that ping ok.    Its like I am connected to the internet but cannot do anything beyond a simple ping. 

0 Likes

nickyork
First Timer
Message 15 of 128

Hi this is happening to me too,  every sunday night at midnight, for precisely one hour.  Every single week since I switched to talk talk ufo.  If this is not resolved promptly I will be switching back to virgin, as at least their service is constant.   

I have also spoken to someone on tech support but they had no clue at all -  i may as well have called the samaritans tbh, they probably would have been more help..

I live in the York area btw.  

0 Likes

Message 16 of 128

Hello, i have this same issue. Router is loosing conection with talk talk servers between midnight -1am. Its has happened since i have joined to talk talk, around 6 months . 

Message 17 of 128

Hello, i have this same issue. Router is loosing conection with talk talk servers between midnight -1am. Its has happened since i have joined to talk talk, around 6 month. 

Nadiaserv
First Timer
Message 18 of 128

Hello,

I’m experiencing the very same issue and it’s rather frustrating! Everyday (and rarely every other day) I lose connection between midnight and 1am. All devices (phone, laptop, TV) seem to be connected but the connection doesn’t work, even after I restart the router. It’s been going on for months and months and this really doesn’t, especially during the lockdown/working from home period. Could you please resolve the issue ASAP? Cheers, 

Nadia

0 Likes

Message 19 of 128

I’m experiencing the same issue. It’s really frustrating not having internet for an hour everyday or every other day! My devices (phone, laptop, TV) seem to be connected but the internet is not working. It’s been going on for months and months and it really doesn’t work, especially during these times of lockdown / working from home. Could you please resolve this ASAP? Thank you.

0 Likes

Wiltcon7760
First Timer
Message 20 of 128

Can you please sort this annoying issue. Broadband keeps losing internet at 12 midnight. It happens every night. Why is this? If this is not fixed i will be changing providers such a bad error.