FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Stops Working Midnight to 1am

Trystrem
Team Player
Message 128 of 128

Hi there,

live in the Milton Keynes area. I have an issue that the internet stop working from midnight till 1am almost every night. Any help?

thanks

127 REPLIES 127

AB1984
First Timer
Message 21 of 128

I am having exactly the same issue.

Please can a moderator help sort this I am getting fed up of every sunday 12.01am to 1am my internet not working.

Please can you read through this thread before you ask me what I have tried as I have tried all of this.

0 Likes

Message 22 of 128

Your router is fine, I don’t understand why the TalkTalk techs don’t know how to deal with this issue. 

The issue is the TalkTalk server not responding, I don’t know why it doesn’t do this but it’s incredibly annoying, that’s why everything shows as healthy and connected, because you are connected to the internet, just through the TalkTalk server. 

Go into the WiFi settings on your device, and go to advanced settings, then set your DNS settings to manual. Enter 8.8.8.8 into the DNS box. This is a Google server that works perfectly all the time. Unlike the TalkTalk server. I hope this also helps those of you at TalkTalk who don’t have any idea what’s happening. Sort the servers out. 

Message 23 of 128

Hi Kiahlouise,

Just to confirm, are you using HomeSafe?

Thanks

Kiahlouise
First Timer
Message 24 of 128

Do you still have this problem ? I’m in the stoke on Trent area and I have this exact same problem it’s frustrating 

Kiah l Richardson
0 Likes

Message 25 of 128

Hi Dustym,

Thanks for confirming this 🙂

Thanks

Message 26 of 128
Yes, problem solved. Just post your issue on this forum and one of the Community Team will help 🙂
0 Likes

Message 27 of 128

Hi Khaled,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've just posted on your thread now.

Thanks

Khaled Giasin
Popular Poster
Message 28 of 128
Hi I am having the same problem my internet stops working from midnight to 1 am every Sunday. I tried getting help numerous times with talk talk chat support and customer service but they are bad as their service. Did you manage to solve the problem?
0 Likes

Message 29 of 128

Hi livian123,

Can you start your own thread and update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

livian123
First Timer
Message 30 of 128

Hi,

I have the exact same issue, this is so odd. Every night TalkTalk’s internet stops working around midnight and doesn’t come back till 1am. I’m in London.

Has this been resolved in any way?

Thanks,

Livia

0 Likes

Message 31 of 128

Hi WinkingTiger,

Could I just confirm, are you currently using HomeSafe?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 32 of 128

I’m having the same issue every single day, no connection from midnight to 1am. Customer service cannot help, router has been replaced twice, nothing changed. No, I’m not starting a new thread. I’m going to give you a call tomorrow and terminate my contract.

0 Likes

Message 33 of 128

Same issue her, router has been replaced,

nothing changed. I am really fed up with this service.

0 Likes

Message 34 of 128

Hi @Jones87

Please can you create a new thread, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 35 of 128

I'm having the exact same issue, almost every night, midnight to 1am

0 Likes

Message 36 of 128

Hi @Vassil 

If you want help, you cannot use someone else's thread.

To get help, you must start your own thread. To create your own thread, go to the main page for the board in question & click the "Start a topic" button.

TalkTalk insists on one thread per problem per customer. Please note, TalkTalk makes the rules, not me.

Thanks.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 37 of 128

Yes, it’s happening to me too, 3 Sundays in a row now. Extremely annoying. How is TalkTalk getting away with this?

Vassiliki Kolocotroni
0 Likes

Message 38 of 128

Guess I'll be told to make my own thread but it's sunday night / Monday morning between 12 - 1. And I have no internet..... Guess this seems to be a wider spread problem

0 Likes

Vassil
First Timer
Message 39 of 128

Hi,

It happens to my connection as well every Sunday from midnight to 1am. This is the 4th Sunday in a row. I’m supposed to be monitoring it, but I recall now that a TalkTalk person on the phone told me that they service the line then. This must have slipped because clearly it’s unacceptable! Considering leaving TalkTalk because of this. 

Vassiliki Kolocotroni
0 Likes

Message 40 of 128

Hi Paul33,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you create your own thread and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks

0 Likes