FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet cable barely held by tape

Diner
Visitor
Message 4 of 4

Hello,

When doing some work on the house I noticed the internet cable is almost broken at the point where it's attached to the house. I fixed it with some electrical tape but it might stop working at any point in bad weather. Is TalkTalk/Openreach able to send an engineer to look at it? I wasn't sure where to ask for that, so would appreciate any directions/advice.

Many thanks,

Diner

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi

Line tests are showing an issue.

I've logged this out to BT Openreach for a Non Appointed engineer - Non appointed means the engineer will be dispatched to look at the line without requiring an appointment be made with you to visit your property.  

Thanks

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Diner
Visitor
Message 2 of 4

Thank you @martswain , I have fibre broadband (not Future Fibre) and I think it comes through the same cable as the telephone. I have just added my landline number to my profile, so will be waiting for some help.

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 3 of 4

@DinerExactly what service do you have ?

If it is a telephone cable that is damaged then staff here will be able to help, add your landline number to your community profile so then can identify your account, do not post it here in public.

If you have Future Fibre and a real fibre optic cable, then you'll have to contact the Future Fibre team directly.

0 Likes