FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet connection and Router help

Dave.S1
Team Player
Message 38 of 38

Have had an issue with my internet connection dropping, reverted back to the Sagecom router but recently that is losing internet connection every so often, so normally I turn it off for 10 or 30 mins. Switched to the Huawei router, which was supplied when I upgraded my package, according to the router, it shows a download speed of 51mbps and up of 6.91 but when you run a speed test, it currently shows the download speed of 8.70 mbps and upload of 6.57. This is virtually the same when connected on wifi or wired. If I then reboot it, it reverts back to a 'normal connection' for a few hours then drops back to a slow connection. I am currently in the test/master socket which has made no difference. 

I also have a draytek router which I did get connected, but when I tried to use that one, the internet drops every hour which isn't great.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

0 Likes
37 REPLIES 37

Message 1 of 38

Hi Dave

I'm glad to hear that the speed has increased 🙂

If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Dave.S1
Team Player
Message 2 of 38

Morning Debbie,TR-069 connectivity to (acs.talktalk.co.uk) has failed

Router arrived yesterday afternoon, so all swapped over. Around 2100 the internet did dropped out, not connection on wired or wifi connection for a couple of mins, TR-069 connectivity to (acs.talktalk.co.uk) has failed, however it did come back a coupe of mins later. On checking the speeds this morning, glad to report back to normal! woo hoo!! Will monitor for the next couple of days.

Thank you again for you help with this

Regards

Dave

0 Likes

Message 3 of 38

Hi Dave

The Sagemcom WIFI hub is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Dave.S1
Team Player
Message 4 of 38

Morning Michelle,

My old sagecom router, that I have, the psu has given up, so hence why I am on the Huawai router!! I borrowed a draytek router from work, which I know works, but that also dropped out. I know BT did a lift a shift in the exchange cabinet to but not tried the draytek router since. 

If you want to send a replacement Sagecom router, happy to try that as need the stability. I know that FTTP is now also available here so that may be an alternative to. 

Thanks Dave

0 Likes

Message 5 of 38

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. The line test is still clear. Can I just confirm, have you tested both a Huawei and a Sagemcom Wifi hub?

Thanks

0 Likes

Dave.S1
Team Player
Message 6 of 38

Morning!

Sorry to report but my internet speed over the whole weekend hasn’t been good. Friday as you know it was up and down various dl speeds of  7.8 to 22.3 and upload which to be fair is always fairly stable 6.4 to 6.83 but around 2100 the dl speed dropped to .68 and .04 and .07 so gave up for the night! Saturday am showed .03 dl speed and 7.3 up so have to restart the dsl then it was back to normality anything between 45.7 to 50.2 and uploads 6.49. to 6.72 Around 1930 it dropped to 2.85 and by 2200 around .94 dl tried to restart the dsl and no luck at all, still around 3.9 to 4.72 dl. Sunday Morning it was 15.8 dl and 6.46 so left it throughout the day which varied between 13.8 to 26.9 until 2030 it dropped to 2.99 but did go back up to 13.5 then 2100 back to 1.56 to 4.67 dl. This morning it was 14.9 dl but so unresponsive, restarted the dsl and was only getting 7.51 and been trying not to turn the router off but had to. Since then, the speed has gone back to 50.1 dl and 6.68 dl.

As I am working from home, I do need a stable connection so would like to get this resolved sooner than later.

Regards Dave

0 Likes

Message 7 of 38

No Problem 🙂

See how it goes over the weekend and let us know.

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Dave.S1
Team Player
Message 8 of 38

FYI

Since that update, I have my speed back to some normality since last night!! so will monitor for now

Thanks again

Dave

0 Likes

Message 9 of 38

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Dave.S1
Team Player
Message 10 of 38

Thanks Karl,

Appreciate your help, have to say you guys on here are fab

Fingers crossed the update will help

Regards
Dave

Message 11 of 38

Hi

Firmware now updated.  Line tests all showing clear, lets see if the drops still happen with this updated.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Dave.S1
Team Player
Message 12 of 38

Please Karl, as speed is approx 3mbps download!

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 38

Hi Dave,

The firmware for the huawei only resolves an issue causing a kernal panic, but it would not hurt to try it if you want.  Shall I go ahead and push this now, takes bout 5 minutes.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Dave.S1
Team Player
Message 14 of 38

Thanks Karl,

Appreciate your help with this one, anyway was going to say no worries about seeing what happens over the weekend, but my internet is crazy today, up and down like a yoyo making it very difficult to work from home. I did see from other forum messages as there is a firmware update for the huawei so is this something we can also try? 

Thanks Dave

0 Likes

Message 15 of 38

Hi

The DaveS1 is another user with different details.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 16 of 38

Hi Karl thanks for the reply, DaveS1 may be me, does it match the details on the contacts? if not no worries, Thanks

0 Likes

Message 17 of 38

Hi Dave, 

The login name must have the space removed however DaveS1 is already taken, so I've changed the original login to Dave.S1

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 18 of 38

Hi Debbie,

Sorry my user name will not allow me to sign back in, as I had a space in-between Dave S1 which is now not allowed! If you could reset this so I can reply using the correct details! 

Thanks Dave 

0 Likes

Message 19 of 38

Morning,

Thanks for the update. It can take a few DLM to optimise the connection if DLM was reset as part of the investigation. Would it be ok to monitor the connection/speed over the weekend and we will check back in with you on Monday morning?

Thanks

0 Likes

Dave.S1
Team Player
Message 20 of 38

Evening Debbie, 

Typed too soon!! similar time to yesterday and over the last week or so, anything after 1900 to 2000 my internet download drops, earlier on, I was getting around 50 mbps since BT's visit, but in the last hour it has varied from 0.66 to 21.9 

Not sure what options are open to me, do I have to wait 10-14 days whilst back in 'training' mode?

Thanks

Dave

0 Likes