FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet connection issue.

dan81
Popular Poster
Message 11 of 11

Hi. I lost internet connection this  morning. I have done router reset twice Did status check  online which said   that everything Is well  but  still internet is  flashing  red. It  could be routers  fault?     

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi dan81

That's great, thank you for letting us know.

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

dan81
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 11

Hi.Internet back on this morning.Thank you for your help.

Message 3 of 11

Hello,

I've checked and this is still currently being investigated by our engineers at the moment.

Thanks

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 11

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've checked and it looks like this is related to an outage. I will look into this further and will post back as soon as I know more.

Thanks

0 Likes

dan81
Popular Poster
Message 5 of 11

Ok .Thankyou for help.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 6 of 11

Ok, that doesn't sound too healthy, so may well be a router issue, the staff here will pick this up tomorrow, and if they do think it is a router fault they would be able to arrange a replacement for you.

0 Likes

dan81
Popular Poster
Message 7 of 11

Its Huawei s router. Has 6 LEDs only INTERNETs LED flashing red others are green.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 8 of 11

Just to double check, you say internet is flashing red, can you confirm what model of router you have, does it just have the one LED on the front that is flashing amber, or do you have a router that has multiple LEDs and the 'Internet' LED is flashing red (and if so, what are the other LEDs doing)

0 Likes

dan81
Popular Poster
Message 9 of 11

I did  factory reset and did master socket testing as well. Still no connection.I do not  use phone.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 10 of 11

Hi @dan81,

When you say you have reset the router, do you mean switching off and on, or do you mean a factory reset by holding in the reset switch on the back for over 10 seconds.

If you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

Can you also dial 17070, this will read back the phone number of the line, can you ensure this is the number you expect (i.e. the number displayed in 'My Account').

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow. You may get faster support from the live chat this evening.

0 Likes